News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halbarad

Eh. You've had almost as much space as the canon itself had originally to develop the characters from your starting point, so a strong divergence at this point is not terribly surprising. The only character that really diverged sharply (IMO, at least) was Haruhi herself, and that one not so bad as to make her unrecognizable.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Brian

Er, sorry. :x

Didn't mean to fish for reassurance like that.

Hah, I'm a pathetic mess--

Some really annoying crap at work.  I'm worried it may cost me my job.  Drac can relate some of the stupidity. >_<
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Neillium

I know I haven't exactly contributed anything at all to this forum since my introduction post, but Brian please stop being self-conscious about BDH. It is singlehandedly one of the greatest pieces of fiction I've ever read. I don't claim to be an expert on Haruhi canon by any stretch of the imagination but I can list offhand the ways that what you've done with the characters are completely in character for them.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Neillium on April 11, 2012, 10:19:36 AM
I know I haven't exactly contributed anything at all to this forum since my introduction post, but Brian please stop being self-conscious about BDH. It is singlehandedly one of the greatest pieces of fiction I've ever read.

This.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

thepanda

I don't like kids so why did I volunteer to watch my niece? She's barely walking. o_O

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: thepanda on April 11, 2012, 05:40:52 PM
I don't like kids so why did I volunteer to watch my niece? She's barely walking. o_O

Duct tape her to the ground and she won't be walking at all! =D
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

Getting into a fight with one of my bosses over a piece of hardware being inadequate (in my view) for customers.

This is where I find out if I just get fired so he can send it out anyway. >_<

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 11, 2012, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: thepanda on April 11, 2012, 05:40:52 PM

Duct tape her to the ground and she won't be walking at all! =D
That's cruel, unusual, and I have no tape.

I just took her to the park and let her hit empty.

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on April 11, 2012, 08:38:41 PM
Getting into a fight with one of my bosses over a piece of hardware being inadequate (in my view) for customers.

This is where I find out if I just get fired so he can send it out anyway. >_<

Eh, have some optimism. Would they really fire you over something like this? (I mean, you didn't insult your boss or do something way out of bounds, did you?)
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

I worry way too much about stuff.

The guy took it extremely well, including the part where I replied to the wrong e-mail thread and said a different piece of hardware was failing and then redacted myself.  I prevented a 50k$ loss ... but not a 12k$ one.

Many tears from the engineering department.  That 'Harbinger' nickname is going to stick withe me now for sure....

On the bright side, no one wants my bad news, so almost no one talks to me at work unless they have to? :x

~exploding tag~

thepanda

On the bright side, no one wants my bad news, so almost no one talks to me at work unless they have to? :x

You've become Harry Creek from The Android's Dream.

Dracos

"Asssuming Direct Bad News..."
Well, Goodbye.

alethiophile

Maybe if you play your cards right you can get people to start calling you Stormcrow.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Brian on April 11, 2012, 10:41:40 PM
I worry way too much about stuff.

The guy took it extremely well, including the part where I replied to the wrong e-mail thread and said a different piece of hardware was failing and then redacted myself.  I prevented a 50k$ loss ... but not a 12k$ one.

Many tears from the engineering department.  That 'Harbinger' nickname is going to stick withe me now for sure....

Things like this are how you get callsigns in the military! No callsign ever came from anything good, trust me on this (I know, I have one >.>;).

Harbinger is actually a pretty good one, though! =D
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

~exploding tag~