News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Haven't recalled a single dream since Shami got more aggressive about pulling my hair when I try to sleep.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

New glasses are so expensive....

Edit:  ugh, dialated pupils.  Can't see.  Have to head to work.  Bleah!  I should probably just be happy I have insurance.

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

The frequency of the bitching in this topic thread is too low. Surely your lives must be more miserable than such would suggest. I'm quite disappointed all around.

:)
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Anastasia

I'm unemployed going on month 10 or 11 of unemployment. What few jobs open up get deluged with applications, so you have to about win the lottery to even get an interview.

That better?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

*pats* Here's hoping you don't go through as long a dry spell as I did. You'll get something, I'm sure.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Anastasia on June 20, 2012, 06:31:30 PM
I'm unemployed going on month 10 or 11 of unemployment. What few jobs open up get deluged with applications, so you have to about win the lottery to even get an interview.

That better?

Indeed.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Music-chan

Quote from: Sinom Bre on June 20, 2012, 02:58:36 PM
The frequency of the bitching in this topic thread is too low. Surely your lives must be more miserable than such would suggest. I'm quite disappointed all around.

:)
Life doesn't suck enough to complain about! Bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch

=p
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Sinom Bre

Eh. This is a bitch channel, so I complained about something. Sue me. :)

Brian

As soon as action lawyer Charles Carreon finishes his current crusade, we'll have him do just that, Rain. ;)

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on June 20, 2012, 08:35:24 PM
As soon as action lawyer Charles Carreon finishes his current crusade, we'll have him do just that, Rain. ;)
Meh. He's just as likely to sue every member of SR as he is just me. Careful what you wish for, B... =p

Brian

Things appear to be coming to a head at work.  I've either made almost our entire department very powerful enemy ... or am about to get someone fired.

Oh, boy. -_-

~exploding tag~

Brian

Erg.  Inescapable feeling of loss and depression.

What the hell, chemical brain?  Stop messing with me! >_<

~exploding tag~

Brian

Arg, clarifying:

Screwed things up with someone and tried to apologize, but it's one of those 'you just never know' situations.

Trying to think positive, but it's oppressive to realize just how _badly_ I may have screwed things up ... and that it may never be possible to overcome it.  Blerg.

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

Spent a bunch of time "reviewing an X to consider an implementation strategy for Y".

Not the proudest moment of my career ^_^;;;
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Not the proudest moment of your career ... so far!

~exploding tag~