News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arakawa

In preparation for a long day at work, drank coffee for the first time in five months.

That was stupid of me...
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Music-chan

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on September 21, 2012, 12:02:35 PM
In preparation for a long day at work, drank coffee for the first time in five months.

That was stupid of me...
Got to start small.  Cup of tea.  Green tea if you like it, as the caffeine in green tea digests better than other types of caffeine.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Dracos

Man.  Bugs.

Seriously, I spent more time today detailing what was going on then I did fixing problems.

And watching paint dry.  I mean stuff build.
Well, Goodbye.

Grahf

I'm not sure why, but over the past two days my connection speed seems to have suffered some sort of catastrophic loss in speed. Images take forever to load, a two minute video takes ten minutes to buffer.

I'm going to have to call my provider soon. Although I've only gotten one response it would seem that I'm not even the only person suffering this problem.

How aggravating.

Arakawa

HELP, I'm stuck in an epically long lineup in the Ontario bureaucracy!

... at least there's free wifi from the coffee shop across.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Don't panic.  Just relax.

Pull up a long fanfic, or just something you meant to read, but aren't obligated to comment on.

In the future, as Drac and I have learned, carry a Gameboy DS around. ;)
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

alethiophile

* alethiophile carries his Kindle everywhere.

It's awesome. Just the right form factor to be carried and read one-handed. I think everyone who ever sees me thinks I'm very strange. :P

Dracos

My phone has roughly 60 fanfics that were amusing enough to read twice.

I suppose adding new stuff on there would be good, but its been a convenient distraction point.

*flips open motivation again*

:P  The DS is the better option though.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Half bitching and half tech support here, but I wanna get this out since I'm not sure what the fuck happened.

So we had to replace our old desk that held the router and modem. So we remove those two, junk the desk and set them back up. Nothing special happens during that. When we hook it all back up the modem won't power up. We try it directly in the plug instead of in a multiplug, nothing. Same with another plug altogether. The router's getting power and fine so we can't figure it. Since it won't power anywhere we figure it chose a shitty time to die.

So we go out and get another modem, hook that up. When we get that working, it's the same thing with the router. The modem works fine now, but won't power up anywhere. Bam, dead. What the hell? I can't figure what the fuck beyond a bad multiplug, but is there something that could cause those to spontaneously die one after another?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Did you get their power adapters switched?

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Nope. Kept the cords separated to be sure.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Well, best guess is some components were old and worn enough that it was the power fluctuation that did them in.  Either that, or the outlet (or the plugs) weren't grounded, and somehow it's static from the moving that fried them. :\

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Something like that's my best guess. That or shit luck chose the wrong day to strike.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

On monday, I was in the office to 8pm. On wednesday, the same.

I could really use a break so its a good thing I get this Friday off... No wait, I just got asked to come in on Friday.

Well, its a good thing I have saturday and sunday!

...well shit, I'm being 'asked' to come in on sunday too.

One of my engineers is in the hospital. Two were in training half of this week. My process lead is swamped with meetings. He is also the third on this job after the first went to another company and the second decided to retire about 2 weeks into the project.

I have two ten hour meetings next week I am in no way prepared for, but I am attending because I'm the most prepared we GOT because of that process lead situation.

Cherry on top: I am also going to school at night for my graduate degree. I have a team project due next week on the same day as one of those meetings. My 'team' has selected me to be the leader despite my arguments of not having time.

Time is a precious commodity. And I am starving for it.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Brian

Ouch.  Especially on the all-day meetings.  Those are always grueling. :\

Sympathies, Merc.

~exploding tag~