News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Of the three people I shared my Borderlands 2 four-pack with...I can only play with one of them.

My frustration is intense.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

In line at the DMV.  They open soon, and I'm about 40th.

At least I can register to vote!

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

Worked both days this weekend, even Saturday after the "prod with hooks/blast with energy beams" session.  Came in today and realized that some other execs hadn't given me further assignments, so I had nothing to do.

Started working with the Athens manager to figure out what we should prioritize next.  Before the exec who can give us the list can respond, my manager e-mails me to say we need to speed it up because the test plan doesn't look like it's been updated.

This is frustrating, since the test plan effectively is a giant waste of time, a 'do this instead of your actual assignment' thing.  They can't just ask me how progress is going, or let me use the traditional tracking system -- they need me to make and maintain pages to show the project as it goes.

Just as I'm getting used to this unwelcome waste of time -- the VP of engineering comes to my desk to ask me how we can speed things up.  Thankfully, I had answers for all of his questions -- since they were the same damn questions my manager already asked, which were also the same questions I discussed with the Athens manager!  Don't these people know how to communicate?

I guess they don't -- they just read progress update pages without any actual regard for the work effort.

Anyway, I gave a plan for the minimum work required for me to be confident in the hardware, and they decided that I should really only do about a quarter of it.  Because they take too long, performance and stress testing are off the matrix.

...ugh.

I don't even know why they're bothering with going through the motions of having me qualify at all.

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Brian on October 29, 2012, 03:14:45 PM

Anyway, I gave a plan for the minimum work required for me to be confident in the hardware, and they decided that I should really only do about a quarter of it.  Because they take too long, performance and stress testing are off the matrix.

...ugh.

I don't even know why they're bothering with going through the motions of having me qualify at all.

Get that in email. That way, when the hardware fails and they flip out and ask why, attach the original email and say, "See attached emails. The minimum work I proposed for confidence in the hardware was directed otherwise."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

My CYA-fu is impenetrable.

Everything is logged.

Everything.

~exploding tag~

Brian

Today's hilarity:

A developer had borrowed one of my initiators and accidentally yanked out the cable I had set up so we could attach drives and downgrade firmware for testing.  Rather than tell me about it and ask for help, she removed the drive from above where the cable went, so she'd have enough room to fit her hand in the bay and reconnect the cable.

The drive she yanked was my boot disk.

Beyond that, I found out today that for the current project/effort I am on, I have suddenly been given management responsibilities.

Ffffffff....

I have made a grave error, and am now being punished for my competence.

~exploding tag~

Ranma_007

Dracos

Same thing here.  :\  None of that 007.5.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

So I found a great new job that fits me. I qualify for it and it would be a good fit. It was just posted so I quickly apply. Don't even get a call before it's filled. Bleh.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Nothing quite like the slow realization that the hope you've been letting build for a while that you're actually making progress was all false, and you've not only gotten nowhere, you've lost an awful lot of time getting to that point.

Hello darkness, my old friend....

~exploding tag~

Music-chan

It is six fucking AM.

That will be all.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Anastasia

Damn dog managed to chew a hole in the side of her head.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Does your dog have portal technology, or do you mean the side of her mouth?

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Ugh.  Poor doggy.

Time for the Cone of Shame. :\

~exploding tag~