News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VySaika

So a player in the Mutants and Masterminds game my wife started on RPoL built this horribly broken duplication/shrinking build....specifically so that he would effectively auto-succeed on everything without ever having to roll. Obviously he kept quiet about how he was planning on using this stuff until rolls actually came up in game, then blithely threw down the math and declared himself to impossibly high totals.

Jenna's response was to talk with him in PM awhile, then make a house ruling on duplication limiting that kind of stuff because it's frankly no fun for the rest of the group when one dude can outperform all of them at once at everything at the same time. After much griping and whining, he agreed to the rule change.

Then he goes, takes all those private conversations, and edits them so that he seems reasonable and she seems defensive and antagonistic, and pastes them in the OOC thread. Trying to stir up support from the other players to let him have his broken build(which he carefully avoids pointing out how broken it is in this, of course).

Little did he know that he was the only player in this game who hadn't been in one of Jenna's prior games, and she's known for putting up with far more bullshit from bad players then she should in order to try and make stuff work. So he not only got no sympathy, he got a backlash.

THEN he goes and posts another long PM to her tearing down her GMing abilities, pointing out every "flaw" she has(she's put logs of her old games up online, he used those as ammunition) and generally being the biggest abusive asshole of a bully he could possibly mange to be.

She kicked him from the game(he seemed SURPRISED BY THIS) and spent the morning in one of the most miserable moods I've seen her in in years. I would love to reach through the internet and slap this asshole around right now. >_<
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Brian

Wow....  That really doesn't sound like he ever intended to play, though.  That's really pretty much pure troll, right there.

Trust me, we can smell our own, and I can tell from here.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Music-chan

Nothing more annoying that being on a nice, warm bus that is going to where you want it to go and being told over the intercom that hey! They CHANGED THEIR MIND and are turning around at a later street, thus meaning you have to get off before you're close enough to walk to your destination.

Fuck you, short-turn bus. Fuck you!
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Dracos

Wow, that sounds pure shitty Gate. :(

Went to see the hobbit.  Family + 40 person line + 1 person doing ticketing (Poor girl, who the hell assigns one person to ticketing duty during any point in holiday season?) resulted in it being listed as 'try another day'.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Lenovo kind of did a crap job on the OS image on this box.  Windows updates constantly fail.  Been wasting most my morning cleaning this up because I'm tired of spontaneous overnight reboots as windows tries to do auotmatic updates.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Quote from: Dracos on December 22, 2012, 02:37:08 PMLenovo kind of did a crap job on the OS image on this box.  Windows updates constantly fail.  Been wasting most my morning cleaning this up because I'm tired of spontaneous overnight reboots as windows tries to do auotmatic updates.

I loathe the automatic updates.  I've disabled them many times -- some installs respect your choices, and some don't.  There's some obvious settings you can change, which may or may not actually change anything.  My desktop at work respects my choices, but interestingly enough, the lab systems I built don't.  Mildly irritating, but, meh.

I got the last of the hardware installed today.  Pretty much, I can't speak anymore.  I'll have to relearn how over the next few weeks, but it's going to be in for at least a year.

Ugh.

At least I seem to (finally) be kicking that flu.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Internet's peering harder and faster than Drac on an ECB.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

* dracos was planning on doing it this afternoon, but well, this afternoon ended up sucking terribly in the "Computer will not boot" level of suck.
* dracos stole the family mac, downloaded a windows seven disk, and repaired the boot sector.  Stupid thing.  Icing on Cake?  I was just trying to boot into safe mode to get a recaltriant windows update to install.
<dracos> extra 'yay'?  It's totally repeatable too.  Any time I go into msconfig and change the boot setting to safe mode, it will instead delete the boot configuration record.

So yeah.  That windows update bitching?  It went Epic.

That last update can stay there.  Fuck it.  I don't even know what it is at the moment anyway.  Disabled automatic installs.  I'll deal with it later when it annoys me less.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

That sounds like you need to bulldoze and fix the entire thing from scratch.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Quote from: Dracos on December 22, 2012, 10:25:11 PMAny time I go into msconfig and change the boot setting to safe mode, it will instead delete the boot configuration record.

I....  I think that trumps _my_ most bizarre Windows experience. o_o;;

~exploding tag~

Brian

Ever since a recent exchange with someone who I think will never speak to me again, I've been too depressed to write.

Maybe retiring from the creative writing forums was more appropriate than I thought.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on December 30, 2012, 05:06:07 PM
Ever since a recent exchange with someone who I think will never speak to me again, I've been too depressed to write.

Maybe retiring from the creative writing forums was more appropriate than I thought.

Take some time and let the hurt heal itself. Don't consider it a retirement, but a sabbatical to recover.
<Afina> Forever.

Grahf

Anastasia is right. I know that this affected you deeply, but stepping back and just taking a break rather than stepping out entirely is the way to go.

Brian

Well, the needed thing right now is either resolution, or since that won't happen ... time.

We'll see.

Sorry -- thanks for the support, guys. :)

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

No problem. Feel better and let time heal the wounds.
<Afina> Forever.