News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I don't review fabrics anymore and I've just realized quite how much I miss it.

Sigh.

EDIT: FABRICS!? Fanfics.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Rezantis

QuoteThat's why you try and rotate drives out before MTBF, as if you don't, when a raid breaks due to one disk failing, the extra load on the other disks is exceedingly likely to make it happen to another.

Also known as 'The RAID-5 problem'.  I've had two RAID-5s collapse during rebuild in that way on production systems necessitating a restore from backup.  :|

At least I got to say 'I told you so', that's often fun.

Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Brian

Quote from: Yuthirin on July 23, 2013, 04:28:47 AMEDIT: FABRICS!? Fanfics.

My mind went to this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EgedZswWVtM&t=41

Quote from: Rezantis on July 23, 2013, 06:45:06 PMAt least I got to say 'I told you so', that's often fun.

Depends on what data was lost.  It's possible to have a really bad day....  It is annoying how many people don't follow best practices on such things. :\
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

Quote from: Brian on July 23, 2013, 08:18:59 PM
Depends on what data was lost.  It's possible to have a really bad day....  It is annoying how many people don't follow best practices on such things. :\

Nah, we had backup tapes, so they lost half a day's worth of productivity.  An expensive lesson, but not a crippling one. 

'Course then they ignored me again and built another RAID-5 instead of spending the money on extra disks and a hot spare, so whatever.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Dracos

Sometimes it takes a lot of shoving nose in stupid to make it go across.

Man, I sat down with the CTO of some middleware that we use heavily today.  30 minute meeting, 25 minutes of it was him just bullshitting without pause to ensure that not only did nothing meaningful happen, but that we could barely get a word in edgewise.  Most of it being: "Running a business takes money!"

Well, no shit sherlock.  We pay you folks a lot of it and work in a business too.  We get it.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

I don't understand how people like that get and keep these jobs.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Because while it ticks everyone in the room off, its visibly effective at preventing discussions of discounts.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

I just read my least favorite scene in Sigh... hoping for new insights, and while I found some ... his behavior afterwards makes me want to punch an esper. :|

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Ah, that scene. Nobody came away looking good there.

Grahf

Yuki might have kept neutral, because I can't remember her actually doing anything in that scene. It's definitely the most uncomfortable one of that novel, perhaps even the entire series.

Dracos

Bragh.

In early, In late.

Demo prep sucks.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Merc

Comcast has done some fucking up of some sort. Since last night, I've had no internet. TV was working fine, but phone and internet? Kaptuski.

It seemed like it got fixed this afternoon, I've had internet and been browsing fine...and then I realizedthat apparently, for whatever ungodly reason, Steam and IRC were still blocked. I only just -now- managed to get both working.

What the hell, Comcast?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Session canceled today.

Sadness.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Eh, that session would have been with a crappy GM anyway.

~exploding tag~