News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DY

Spent 2 hours in the ER today. Cut into my left middle finger due to stupidity and now have 2 stitches. -_-
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Anastasia

Ow, ow, ow. That always sucks, ERs are a special type of hell.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

One of my teeth felt a little loose last night when I was pushing against it with my tongue.  I wasn't sure if that was real or an illusion, so I gently pinched the tooth between two fingertips to try and wiggle it a little.

Instead of wiggling, it came clean out.  Along with a molar.  I started freaking out just a little because, well, that's freaky, and they didn't even stay in because of the glue on my brackets.  WTF?  Oh, wait, I told myself.  Maybe it's a dream.

And yet, until I actually woke up, I couldn't prove it was a dream at all.  So, hooray for over a year and a half of working on lucid dreaming.

I guess on the bright side, no teeth actually came out; I just dreamed about it in disturbing detail.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bezzerker

While I haven't had a dream like that since I've starting trying to lucid dream myself, most of the dreams I remember are just flat out weird. Like, evil sentient jawbreakers that must be eaten weird.

Hopefully you'll be able to prove you're dreaming the next time something of that nature pops up again.
Unleash the elements of order and chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on September 03, 2013, 12:22:13 PM
I guess on the bright side, no teeth actually came out; I just dreamed about it in disturbing detail.

Dental anxiety dreams seem to be a thing.

http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/toothdreams.html (warning: disturbing imagery, obviously)

Keep in mind that it could always be worse. Haven't suffered from dental dreams, but in the past I've sometimes wound up dreaming I had more than the normal number of (insert body part), just so they could all be diseased. :-(

(e.g.
Spoiler: ShowHide
two big toes on one foot, and both are smashed up and inflamed. Yeurgh.
)
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

The dental dream thing is right up with eye-gore as far as squick/horror for most people.  I'm fairly sure it's related to proximity to the primary sensory organs, and therefore an increase in the primacy of the terror.  Dental dreams happen more than eye dreams because (I am guessing) most people primarily dream in their most significant/important sense, which for most people is sight.  So eye-horror would cause waking.

In retrospect, I have had dreams similar to yours where I actually had a third set of teeth that erupted ... just to also fall out. -_-

~exploding tag~

Ergoemos

Never could get the hang of lucid dreaming myself. But I have had so many "losing my teeth" dreams over the years that even my dream self is just mildly annoyed with the loss and then gets on with the rest of the dream. So I sympathize, its not much fun.
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Dracos

Being sick really sucks.  As does the room steadily moving whenever I'm not paying attention.

Also, idiot people that are on bikes and turn left into the right hand turn lane going the wrong way.  What the fuck, people?  I almost ran you idiots over because you literally just shot out there and turned INTO oncoming traffic.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Bicyclists are above the law, naturally.

Hope you feel better, though. :x

~exploding tag~

DY

Ugh, bicylcists.

Get well soon Dracos.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Arakawa

Quote from: Dracos on September 04, 2013, 05:45:37 PM
Being sick really sucks.  As does the room steadily moving whenever I'm not paying attention.

Also, idiot people that are on bikes and turn left into the right hand turn lane going the wrong way.  What the fuck, people?  I almost ran you idiots over because you literally just shot out there and turned INTO oncoming traffic.

Bicyclists: as flimsy as pedestrians and a hell of a lot faster / less predictable. Not a fun combination to be driving around.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

I only dislike bicyclists when they put themselves in danger.  I recognize that it's a lot more effort to restart at a stop sign on a bicycle, but by the law, you still have to stop.  Doesn't stop any number of bicyclists just blazing across an intersection without even looking for oncoming traffic. =_=

~exploding tag~

Dracos

It's also the law for both pedestrians and bicyclists to be moving with traffic and not against it if you're on the road.  A bicyclist having a head on collision shouldn't be possible, but that's exactly what two of them almost managed.  At the very least, they should've been aiming to turn two lanes to the left of me, where traffic was at least heading the same direction.
Well, Goodbye.

alethiophile

I don't ride nearly as much now that I'm not on campus, but when I was living there and getting everywhere by bike, my rule was "Make the cars not have to worry about you". (This was partly from consideration, and partly because some fraction of the cars, empirically, did not worry about you, whether they had to or not. :\)

Brian

That's just being reasonably intelligent about things. >_>

~exploding tag~