News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

My day sor far: "Hi! Welcome to work! Here's a month's worth of work that needs to be done by next week!"

Yay.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

KLSymph

Quote from: cmd.exePinging www.google.com [74.125.225.115] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 74.125.225.115:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Thanks, university wireless network.

Arakawa

Thanks, university wireless network.

Did someone say 'university'?

That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Muphrid

I don't even...?  Is there something that pouring coffee on a wall should accomplish?

Brian

My best guess is that someone thinks that putting liquid in trash bags is not so great (in fact, it isn't, but some trash bags are better at handling it than others), and they're doing something positive.  In reality, there is a degree of sense in throwing a liquid onto the ground instead of the trash, especially outdoors.  If it's bad for plants, you probably shouldn't have been drinking it in the first place, after all.

But 'the wall'?  Someone's primitive attempt at vandalism via coffee stain?  I'm really unclear, here.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Ranma_007

Not as much on the bitching thread, but when I saw this - http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/typhoon-usagi-threatens-taiwan-hong-kong-20130919 - I immediately thought of Sailor Moon.

That's what anime does to ya.

Brian

So, I'm probably going to be fired because I'm not a performance expert, and they've decided that's what my job is.  That and not giving me sufficient equipment.

~exploding tag~

Ergoemos

Quote from: Brian on September 20, 2013, 02:11:01 PM
So, I'm probably going to be fired because I'm not a performance expert, and they've decided that's what my job is.  That and not giving me sufficient equipment.

Same thing happened to my office just before I joined. The performance group was given fifteen different tasks, no funding, no supplies or support.

Our part of the team spent a good portion of our time helping them out against the orders of the corporate bigwigs, because we wanted work done, and they couldn't do it alone. I did much of the cross department work because I was new and had to learn everything anyway.

I sympathize, even if we are in completely different fields.
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Brian

Allergic reaction from something at the gathering is spreading to cover more and more of my left arm, despite being back from it.

It's surprisingly painful, not to mention disturbing in appearance.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Physician time? Also, cortizone cream and benadryl?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Yeah, that seems to be holding it steady.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

If it continues to spread, you may have a serious problem.

Brian

It's stopped spreading, but doesn't seem to be improving much.  I'm probably going to see a doctor tomorrow.

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Brian on September 29, 2013, 05:52:58 AM
Allergic reaction from something at the gathering is spreading to cover more and more of my left arm, despite being back from it.

It's surprisingly painful, not to mention disturbing in appearance.

It's just weird that it's in one localized area like that... If it was a reaction to something, it'd be in more than one place. And I'd think it'd be on your hands instead, since that's what touches everything...
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

It's the 1st day of October, an awesome month! You know what we need to celebrate it with? A head cold!

Fuck.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?