News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

I'm currently inside recovering from being swarmed by yellow jackets. And I can't find my glasses, as they were knocked off when the swarm landed on my face. Swear to god, I thought a prickly tree branch had fallen on me at first. Thankfully I was wearing a long-sleeved hoodie and jeans so they only got to my neck/face/head.

DY

Holy crap, that's terrifying. O_o

My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

thepanda

Fortunately yellow jackets don't hurt nearly as much as wasp.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

thepanda

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 08, 2013, 12:27:22 AM
Yellowjackets are assholes.
Nono, they came from a hole in the ground. I can tell the difference! >_^

Brian

A contractor who had been warned about my mother's memory issues basically convinced her to give up 1.5k for a 200$ job.

So stupid.  My stepfather pointed out that he'd originally planned on paying the guy a lot more for additional work anyway, but mostly I'm upset about things.  I may not like dealing with her specifically because of the memory issues, but someone who would take advantage of someone like that....

Urg.  Upset.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

See, these are the situations where I would just show up and start punching the guy.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Got this PM from my brother:

1:47:41 PM The Hipper, Older Randall: Just got another manic, all over the place text from mom. Jesus christ.
1:48:37 PM The Hipper, Older Randall: In it she says " Brian's about to possibly be let go, it's a "re-org" thing."

One hopes it's just her drunken rambling and not grounded on fact.  But then, it's very sad when that's the positive thought.

~exploding tag~

Brian

I found out via e-mail something that I had previously not known about the circumstances of my departure from the FFML.

Namely, that Gary Kleppe didn't have anyone else's permission, or even tell them his plan; in fact, in response to the list owner saying he wished I wasn't gone, Gary actually promoted himself to admin specifically to tell the list I was gone, evidently to prevent the owner from contacting me and inviting me back.  I mean, I knew Gary was letting his biases blind him to reason, but I had assumed he was just favoring the guy who gave him C&C, and thought he didn't have such a pathetic grudge against me.  Then again ... Gary was overriding the owner's wishes when he insisted I had no grounds to ban Lurker in the first place, so it wasn't like there wasn't a precedent for it....

That is the first time I think I've become angry at myself for giving an apology to someone, because Kleppe clearly didn't deserve one.  Man, that pisses me off almost as bad as my mom getting conned.  I wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, because life with Aspergers can be difficult ... but, ugh.  I don't think that even covers it anymore.

Anyway, put that on my list of things I was happier not knowing.

On the other hand, I'm told he pretty much now shares the list only with Lurker, so I suppose he's already in a hell of his own devising.

~exploding tag~

Muphrid

If I had known Kleppe to be that dickish, I wouldn't have put any more time into c&c'ing his fic.  Sounds like he's got all the control of that place that he wants.

Brian

Ah, it doesn't matter.  His personality aside, his story should stand on its own merits, and I recall him being decent, if a little stiff.  I just disliked his stuff because he went out of his way to troll Ukyou fans ... but that's ancient history by now.

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on October 12, 2013, 04:08:21 AM
On the other hand, I'm told he pretty much now shares the list only with Lurker, so I suppose he's already in a hell of his own devising.

"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have to share it with Lurker."
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

It's nearly 1:00 AM and the neighbors are blasting their music and screaming incoherently along with it.  I don't mean, "I can't understand what they're saying."  I mean they're literally just emitting wordless shrieks as loudly as they can.  They are not trying to modulate tone, there are no components of any genuine language; it's just shrieking.

Time to call the cops.

~exploding tag~

Brian

Well, the bad manager is my new boss.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Quote from: Brian on October 13, 2013, 04:45:30 AM
It's nearly 1:00 AM and the neighbors are blasting their music and screaming incoherently along with it.  I don't mean, "I can't understand what they're saying."  I mean they're literally just emitting wordless shrieks as loudly as they can.  They are not trying to modulate tone, there are no components of any genuine language; it's just shrieking.

Time to call the cops.

This is why I own a shotgun.