News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

San Diego has the audacity to claim a 'bay area' in California?

BRB, activating earthquake machine.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

I only ask because I'll be in San Diego this weekend. Alas.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Trying to do banking/grocery shopping today.  Looks like a 30 minute line at the bank so far.  Wpn't be surprised if the groceries are worse.  :¦

~exploding tag~

Grahf

Needed to print some fairly important stuff. Luckily I got my printer up and running a couple of days ago, and tested it so that I know it works.

Why isn't it printing?

Trying looking for it, try sending multiple copies. Hell, try getting out my old laptop, which should have the drivers for the damn thing still on it. Nope, doesn't even show up.

Frustration grows. Then, a flashback. One time in university, I was experiencing the same problem.

Look at the back of the printer. USB cable receptor has ever-so-slightly come ajar. Put it fully back in.

Device recognized.

Now I'm not mad, just depressed.

Anastasia

Overnight Black Friday shifts suck. Split shifts suck even more.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 28, 2013, 11:23:41 PM
Overnight Black Friday shifts suck. Split shifts suck even more.
At least you're employed! :D

Yuthirin

Brian

Really, that's one of the better complaints to have.

~exploding tag~

Brian

So, the incompetent manager has managed to demand enough extra (pointless) work added to a drive qual that a two week stackable (through parallelization) test is now a month-long effort.  He also expects me to somehow get 10k$+ of equipment and to kick other people's test equipment out of the lab to make some things work.

In addition, I have to install some new hardware into the lab, and it ... sucks.  As well as the fact that someone put out guide tape on the racks to show where the hardware went, and realized after we installed the second of three major servers that he actually wanted them installed with a rack unit of space between them to add room for initiators.

Which means that much of my work in the lab was pointless, as well as being backbreaking.  YAY!

I'm seriously thinking of demanding that my title change become both official, and include a raise. :|

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

DY

Got sick this past Monday it seems, was hoping to get through the rest of the year without catching something -_-
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Brian

Bad manager is too stupid to deal with.

So frustrated.

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

My Little Pony seems to have gone completely off its meds this season.

Wait, maybe that's a good thing?

*ponders, is confused*
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)