News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Today I learned that reading bad fanfics at work actually makes the day go slower.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Arakawa

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 11, 2013, 11:47:06 AM
Today I learned that reading bad fanfics at work actually makes the day go slower.

A terrifying thought: that means that, theoretically, if someone should write an infinitely bad fanfic, it will actually stop time and trap the unfortunate reader in an eternal stasis of awfulness.

* Arakawa  fears to click on ff.net links from now on.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Yuthirin

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on December 11, 2013, 12:26:17 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on December 11, 2013, 11:47:06 AM

A terrifying thought: that means that, theoretically, if someone should write an infinitely bad fanfic, it will actually stop time and trap the unfortunate reader in an eternal stasis of awfulness.

* Arakawa  fears to click on ff.net links from now on.
Further research supports this claim. I am three for three on random bad fics this morning. It's now been 9:28am for over an hour.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Grahf

I took my first phone call my job today, since training is almost over and they want to get us on the floor.

To say that it was a mess would likely be an understatement.

sigh

I'm hoping that on the optimistic side that after a phone call like the one I took, that there's literally nowhere to go other than up.

Brian

~exploding tag~

Grahf

Yeah. Although not tech support, financial stuff, which is why I can't say much about the actual details of the call.

Brian

Support in any capacity is draining. :x

You'll get more used to it, though.

~exploding tag~

DY

My grandmother passed away this morning.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Brian

I'm sorry to hear that, DY. :(

You have my condolences.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

DY

My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Brian

At a meeting today the bosses realized they had screwed things up and didn't plan adequately.

And from there they just start talking about how I can fix this by working through the weekend.

They don't say, "Hey, we need you to work through the weekend."  They sure as hell don't ask.

They just assume.

Kind of pissed off about this.

~exploding tag~

Ranma_007

Sorry to hear that, DY. My condolences.