There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

Come back to work after vacation.  Spent day proofreading research papers written by scientists who don't have English as their first language.

QuoteAccording to the analysis of bioinformatics, among the 79 differential genes of more than 2 times of differences, except for 3 genes were of unknown location, the other 76 differentially expressed genes distributed most in chromosomes, the most genes distributed in chromosome 1, containing 9 genes (11.3%); the rest were for chromosome 2, containing 7 genes (8.86%); no differentially expressed gene distributed in 4, 9, 20, Y chromosomes. 57 genes located in the long arm of chromosome, accounting for 72.2%; 19 genes located in the short arm of chromosome, accounting for 24.1%.

This paragraph is followed by a 20-cell by 2-cell Excel table written as a single sentence.  And then followed by that same Excel table as an inserted table.

Shut up.  Science demands it.

Anastasia

I've been on a massively unmotivated streak lately. I've spent a few days doing absolutely nothing but daydreaming. I have zero focus for any sort of work. Annoying.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Another local friend's family member was brought to the hospital during monday hangout.  They later died.  :(  It's really that kind of year.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Wow Drac. It better pick up for you soon.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Well, apparently I just haven't been sick enough lately.

My brother, having noticed that I was actually starting to get back into a somewhat decent state of health, thoughtfully went out of his way to contract a strain of the cold that I haven't been exposed to yet. He then decided to share it with me, because hey, it's that time of year.

So now I have MORE coughing, sneezing, and congestion.

SO MUCH RAGE.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

KLSymph

Thief comes out tomorrow, but I can't get it because I blew my money on a vacation.

Why not post some vacation pics?

Because I spent the weekend replacing the garage door opener.

Anastasia

Things that suck: Moving entire sheds at work.
<Afina> Forever.

sarsaparilla

Another yukata day. The animosity between me and flu viruses is both mutual and heartfelt. >_>

Dracos

I'm good for evening shifts.

I spend the morning yelling at coworkers by email.

And then come in and continue.

/ShiftFailureYo.

This is a new thing to get used to.  At least until I decide morning is better.
Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

Dracos

Heard I have cavities.

But what really pisses me off today is on the way back, in the middle of a 4 lane city street, I see a jolt out of the corner of my eye and slam the breaks.  Some woman had decided to break into a full run to try and beat my car and jaywalk the street (ignoring crosswalks at either end of the street, with pedastrian lights).  Worse?  With slightly better judgement, but not much, her husband and 2 8-year old kids were in the lane right nearby, having thought better of breaking into a run to accomplish their jaywalking before the 5 cars that stopped beside and behind me hit them.  Then walked across anyway once everyone had come to a compete stop to avoid hitting these morons in the street.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Ranma_007 on March 05, 2014, 02:44:24 PM
Damn snow.
As a former resident of Chicago, please let me say unto you, "BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ranma_007

KLSymph

Laugh it up, Yuth.  The curse of Chicago weather will find you, erelong.

Dracos

Record Form Letter Recruiting:

"Hi Philip,

Hi Simon,"
Well, Goodbye.