News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, aside from being able to penetrate most 'no communicator' stuff, it's really got almost nothing going for it anymore.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Everything else is off limits at work, Drac?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Arakawa

Quote from: some guy on a threadI do want to clear something up for Arakawa though...

I may have it missed you stating it explicitly, but I gather that you are a Christian woman. If so, you are more rational minded than most (which is a compliment, by the way). But you need to understand that for men, sexual matters pretty much override any semblance of reason. Men can't simply choose to not "feel lust.

*grooooan*

I should really stop getting into these kinds of flamewars.

(This was an argument over whether competitive swimwear is modest, or not.)
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

* Anastasia tilts head to the side.

How the hell did that get all the way to that? Do I even want to know?
<Afina> Forever.

Muphrid

What, is the guy suggesting that competitive swimsuits need to be more modest because otherwise, men will, inevitably and uncontrollably, have raging stiffies whenever they watch women's freestyle?

Arakawa

Quote from: Muphrid on May 13, 2014, 03:59:49 PM
What, is the guy suggesting that competitive swimsuits need to be more modest because otherwise, men will, inevitably and uncontrollably, have raging stiffies whenever they watch women's freestyle?

I'm not sure if explaining this in further detail is going to run up against 'no politics' rule. I posted enough of the quote to google for it if you're curious... you will probably be able to see how I inadvertently set myself up for the "you must be a woman" thing....

I mostly wanted to share the awkwardness of the latter part, which transcends all merely political concerns in its sheer awkwardness. And I still need to figure out how to respond to that.

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Arakawa

Quoteyou will probably be able to see how I inadvertently set myself up for the "you must be a woman" thing....

I suppose on the bright side: I do know how to write convincing female characters!

XD

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

Ahahahahahhahahaha.

Bright side to everything.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Had a horrible night at work last night. Utterly awful. Nothing went right.
<Afina> Forever.

Ergoemos

Quote from: Anastasia on May 17, 2014, 02:44:04 PM
Had a horrible night at work last night. Utterly awful. Nothing went right.

Hate that. I pointed out a few issues with some of the systems at work to the people responsible and was graciously given the responsibility of handling them from now on. No good deed goes unpunished it seems.
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Dracos

That's pretty common :(

It's an excellent way that many MANY businesses convince employees to shut up, do what they're told, and not do anything else because seriously, observing problems gives more work.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Dracos

Wow, not even good enough for a flame huh? :P
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

You want a more detailed review?

And by review I mean bullet point list of the many, many missteps this movie took.

Dracos

Flame on~  But like in the review section or something so we don't spoil the poor folks that care :P

Or in spoiler tags.  Whatever.
Well, Goodbye.