News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldrak

That's horrible...and potentially unsafe in a warehouse. Any idea on when they're gonna fix it?
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

They're working on it. It's legit bad luck, no one's fault really.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Rukatin

The level that My dog is going to freak out tonight...
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Bezzerker

Something I heard on the radio, that I have tried and seems to work, is to have somewhat loud music playing in the house. It sort of dilutes the noise of the firework, which helps to keep the dog from freaking out as much.

Wish I had seen the post earlier, where this tip would have been of more help -.-;;
Unleash the elements of order and chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

Dracos

I allowed a bad call to be made.  So now in addition to the normal late work, I will also probably need to come in gadawful early.

Blargh.  Hate.

Also the subordinate that was supposed to manage the deployment ignored a lead asking it to be delayed, and didn't let me know, so there's an angry lead at our group too, bleh.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Hang in there, Drac. That's tough.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

http://www.dilbert.com/fast/2012-11-28/ I remember these kinds of things.  They totally never applied ever :P

Anyhow, stuff is all back online.  Now on to normal work.  Totally not staying late today.  SLeeeeep.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

*grumbles at microsoft*

Listen to our API signals, except when the sky is blue.  And if it's not blue, then you better resolve everything then, but no declaring any problems.

God damn morons.  I'm absolutely furious at interacting with their controller handling and especially their ridiculous bullshit setup that is built around basically "The Kinect annoyed people".
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I have a new boss who doesn't really know our department and has their own ideas on how to do things. Naturally, this results in a lot more work for us. Argh.

Hopefully this is the sort of thing that fixes itself in due time. It usually is, everyone learns. The learning curve just sucks.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

If it's anything like projects tend to be for me, as soon as everyone gets used to the new way of doing things, the old boss leaves for another company or he gets laid off or transferred to another project and they'll bring in someone new that has their own ideas.

So....good luck?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on July 11, 2014, 10:25:54 PM
If it's anything like projects tend to be for me, as soon as everyone gets used to the new way of doing things, the old boss leaves for another company or he gets laid off or transferred to another project and they'll bring in someone new that has their own ideas.

So....good luck?

I'd rather they just relax and let us do our jobs in peace. But if they wanted to transfer or get a nice new job somewhere else, that's cool too. I can't really wish for someone to get laid off, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

So for the past while, I've been working with a couple of network engineers at the big problem of getting things to a point that can ship on the new platforms.  They've been an awesome combination.

Engineer Senior by Two ranks to me: Continually commented her stuff all over the place with "// phil says: ".  Not, "Here's what's going on here and why" but "I listened to your high level view on things, and then put that as the reason I did things, rather than commenting them with confidence that something is doing a certain job for a certain way".  Currently on maternity leave until project is over.

Engineer Two Ranks Below me: Junior, but at least not troublesome.

Porting Engineer: Don't mind me, just every day I will fix one thing, and break two things.  Thus having you confused at why things that worked a week ago are now a broken wreck.  Currently on vacation for a month.

Now it's pretty much me and contracting engineer with 3 times my work experience to close out the project.  I think it's the first time this project I'll be partnering with someone competent.  Now if only I can finish ripping out all the stuff senior engineer did and replacing it with something that can ship.

Grawr.

Code such garbage.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I wasted my lazy day...being lazy. I'm not sure why I'm bitching about this.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Doesn't sound like you wasted it. Sounds like you did exactly what you wanted to do with it! Not sure why you're bitching about it either! =p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on July 14, 2014, 01:40:45 AM
Doesn't sound like you wasted it. Sounds like you did exactly what you wanted to do with it! Not sure why you're bitching about it either! =p

I'm not sure myself. It's just one of those things, I suppose.
<Afina> Forever.