There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Carthrat on August 15, 2014, 10:23:25 AM
Some people will take advantage of your generosity. Be generous anyway.

(yeah, it sucks, man. Lamers.)

Yeah. I feel better with a night of sleep, but man that was annoying.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Rukatin

SWell, I tried this 'sleep' thing everyone's been talking about. Doesn't seem to work for me...
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on August 15, 2014, 11:49:43 AM
SWell, I tried this 'sleep' thing everyone's been talking about. Doesn't seem to work for me...

Ew. Nothing like insomnia to ruin an otherwise good day.  It's a special annoyance to go through the day in a sleep fog.
<Afina> Forever.

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Ranma_007 on August 11, 2014, 12:46:11 PM
We have every right to put it on our property, on the property line. That's where fences go. It hurts resale value and basically if it's 50 bucks a square foot, we would be asked to give up thousands of dollars of property. No. Just no. So we had that discussion and we said no.

Not only that, in certain states that use adverse possession laws, putting a fence is considered to mark the property you're using.  So if you did what they asked and left it for a number of years, it could be argued that you're voluntarily surrendering property to them.

(I don't know what your state or local laws are of course, so please treat this as just a sidebar comment on a online BBS rather than actual legal advice.)

Quote from: Anastasia on August 14, 2014, 11:40:48 PM
You know what sucks? Being a good guy at work, always trying to help people out and when it comes down to it? The people you help leave you to hang when the situation is reversed. Ugh.

After getting burned a few times like this, I have three rules:

* I have no expectation that any uncontractually based kindness I give will be repaid helps manage these sorts of expectations; if I'm going to be nice, it's for the sake of being nice. 
* I will assist other people to do their work, but I will not do other people's work for them.
* Anyone that has my back gets put on a very short list of people that for whom I will sacrifice personal time to help.

Essentially, most people are ungrateful jerks, and very little will change that.  Some people are not, and it's worth finding them.

Rukatin

Moving furniture. That has been my day.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Quote from: Jason_Miao on August 15, 2014, 02:36:03 PM

After getting burned a few times like this, I have three rules:

* I have no expectation that any uncontractually based kindness I give will be repaid helps manage these sorts of expectations; if I'm going to be nice, it's for the sake of being nice. 
* I will assist other people to do their work, but I will not do other people's work for them.
* Anyone that has my back gets put on a very short list of people that for whom I will sacrifice personal time to help.

Essentially, most people are ungrateful jerks, and very little will change that.  Some people are not, and it's worth finding them.

Yeah, sounds about right. I'm over it now at least. I'll keep those in mind for next time.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on August 16, 2014, 07:15:47 PM
Moving furniture. That has been my day.

Reminds me of my job. Advil's your friend.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

I was unable to avoid the giant ball of angry radiation in the sky this weekend when I went to a Ren faire. The experience has left me a tad burnt.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on August 18, 2014, 10:46:22 PM
I was unable to avoid the giant ball of angry radiation in the sky this weekend when I went to a Ren faire. The experience has left me a tad burnt.

Ooow. I burn really easily, so I feel you. I don't even tan, I go straight to lobster red.
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 20, 2014, 12:33:01 AM
Quote from: Kaldrak on August 18, 2014, 10:46:22 PM

Ooow. I burn really easily, so I feel you. I don't even tan, I go straight to lobster red.

There was this one time I went canoeing and forgot to put sun screen on my thighs. By the end my whole right thigh was blistered.

"You enslave minds!"

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on August 20, 2014, 12:33:01 AMOoow. I burn really easily, so I feel you. I don't even tan, I go straight to lobster red.

I prefer to stay inside and away from the radiation, but for some reason most people don't really look at things the way I do.

Quote from: Rukatin on August 20, 2014, 01:17:39 AMThere was this one time I went canoeing and forgot to put sun screen on my thighs. By the end my whole right thigh was blistered.

Ow. That just sounds awful. Worst sunburn I ever had was on my back when I was a kid. My dad introduced me to the wonder that is the Aloe Vera plant. Still pretty unpleasant though. Was peeling for days.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Getting woken up by sirens blows.
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

WHO NEEDS SLEEP ANYWAYS! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU START SCHOOL IN A WEEK, WHICH YOU STILL HAVEN'T PREPARED FOR!

*Insert Explosion of frustration*

"You enslave minds!"

Dracos

*pats*

Well, not the people at work :)
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

*bangs head against desk*

Stupid fucking insomnia.

"You enslave minds!"