News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Kaldrak:

Lot of good advice in the thread.  Will note that it can vary on the supervisor.  Some do recognize little pesterings drain people and that's enough to hold a conversation.  Some are overworked or undertrained, and do need the added detail.  Iddy is right, Job being Done is the most important thing for a supervisor to be keeping track of.
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Thanks everyone. We'll see how it goes.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

I have about three days of recorded incidents. Problematic coworker has gotten sick and that seems to have taken much of the snark out of her sails, so the past week has been peaceful for the most part. Not sure if I have enough to do anything with so I'll hold my peace for now.

That being said...

I've decided to reinterpret something in the overall situation. It's clear to me that my mere presence irritates my coworker. This means that she has granted me the power to aggravate her simply by showing up and doing my job! Ahh, revenge without effort. I can make her miserable without even trying, whereas she has to work to aggravate me. Perhaps I should not be enjoying this revelation as much as I am, but I never claimed to be a saint.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on September 20, 2014, 03:34:40 AM
I have about three days of recorded incidents. Problematic coworker has gotten sick and that seems to have taken much of the snark out of her sails, so the past week has been peaceful for the most part. Not sure if I have enough to do anything with so I'll hold my peace for now.

That being said...

I've decided to reinterpret something in the overall situation. It's clear to me that my mere presence irritates my coworker. This means that she has granted me the power to aggravate her simply by showing up and doing my job! Ahh, revenge without effort. I can make her miserable without even trying, whereas she has to work to aggravate me. Perhaps I should not be enjoying this revelation as much as I am, but I never claimed to be a saint.

Hey, whatever gets you through the day. Glad to hear it's getting a little better.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sunday night: "Man, I have a busy week ahead. Let's go to bed early so I'm rested for it."

Monday morning: "I slept 10 hours?! Great! But why is my throat sore and my head stuffed up?"

Nothing like a head cold to start the week.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Aye, Aye.

Still recovering from the plague I had all through the gathering.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

There's nothing quite like coming down with a brutal cold right after having a wisdom tooth pulled.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Rukatin

I have this habit of finding something new to read, and looking it up on tv tropes. I then proceed to give myself spoilers, and that somehow removes the desire to read it. I did this with Worm and now I hate myself. Tv Tropes will Ruin your Life.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Dracos

An old professor of mine analyzed demo syndrome to have similar problems.  It satisified the sense of understanding of the approaching game and reduced considerably the desire to pay for it.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Sick, sick, sick, sick and sick. I hate colds.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"Hmm, I'll work hard to get game ready to go."
"Servers offline.  Signin.  Achievement.  Invite.  Matchmaking.  Party."
"I will...twiddle my thumbs.  Swear repeatedly."
Well, Goodbye.