News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldrak

Aww, sadness.

You know of any data recovery services you could use to save some of your stuff?
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

So how'd that work out for you, Merc? Going to get new HDs, I assume?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Already did. As mentioned before in IRC, the SSD still worked, and I had IRC/web browsers/bookmarks there, so I wasn't really offline at any point, just lost data/backup hard drives.

I already have two new 3TB drives, and I recovered 20gb of rpg books and some other misc game stuff from an external drive. Wasnt going to spend a lot of money to 'maybe' recover other data, and I am just giving that data up for lost.

Right now, the only pending issue is setting backup, I am having an issue where microsoft does not seem able to backup from a 3tb drive, so I need to figure out how to resolve that, maybe need some program for that. Dunno yet.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Good: I was not called in for the goddamn ridiculous midnight push to solve bug.
Bad: There was a midnight push, it didn't solve things.  I have been pulled into mission GetShitDone.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on May 27, 2015, 08:15:36 PM
Good: I was not called in for the goddamn ridiculous midnight push to solve bug.
Bad: There was a midnight push, it didn't solve things.  I have been pulled into mission GetShitDone.

Fun and joy for everyone. Is this going to get done?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I am here.  So it will.

I just positively hate heroic efforts being needed for stupid shit.  Heck I hate heroic efforts being needed in business period.  Plan better, Test Better, Pitch Harder and all that.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on May 27, 2015, 08:22:35 PM
I am here.  So it will.

I just positively hate heroic efforts being needed for stupid shit.  Heck I hate heroic efforts being needed in business period.  Plan better, Test Better, Pitch Harder and all that.

In other words, get it done right the first time rather than having to play catch up and repair man?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Quote from: Anastasia on May 27, 2015, 08:23:25 PM
Quote from: Dracos on May 27, 2015, 08:22:35 PM
I am here.  So it will.

In other words, get it done right the first time rather than having to play catch up and repair man?

Yeah.  There's nothing 'awesome' about people needing to work all night and day to get things done.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

There really isn't. I feel for ya, Drac.
<Afina> Forever.

Ranma_007

Feeling kind of morbid recently, twinges in chest, fractured toe, wife had to go to hospital unexpectedly (she's fine)... feel like I need to write a letter to my son with advice in case I randomly get hit with a heart attack. And unborn daughter...

Dracos

:(

You'll survive.

That said, it is a really decent thing to do anyway.  And if it amounts to nothing, you are mostly prepared to take care of the people most precious to you afterwards, and you've got a series of letters for your son to read over showing how much you cared...when you die in bed at 103.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yeah. In other words, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
<Afina> Forever.

Ranma_007

Made it through 5 pages of solid advice, damn thing brought me to tears when writing it. Need to think about what to write for baby girl...

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"Dear baby girl, if I am gone, it falls to your brother to protect you. Once you start being interested in boys (and please, dear god, don't let that be for, like, 25+ years), all boys must undergo a trial by combat and must defeat your brother in an Anything Goes martial arts competition. Genma_007, protect your sister. Become the strongest. Don't steal panties. That is all."

More seriously, take care of your health, and here's hoping for many more years for you and that this is just a needless precaution.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.