News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

So the problem, to laugh, was my UPS, which can handle somewhere around 300 watts... less than my computer + monitor draws when overclocked and pegged.  That sat right next to my comp and was the alarm screeching.  Ordered a new larger one.

Dublin, Ireland shift sucks.  Blargh.  *gets to sleep now*
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I hate headaches so much. Pound, pound, pound pound pound pound.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Empyrean

My body is made out of sheets
Detergent is my blood, and fabric softener is my heart
I have washed over a thousand blankets
Unknown to benefits, nor known to a decent wage
Have withstood tedium to fold many towels
I have no recourse; this is my only job
Truly my whole life has become: Unlimited Laundry Works

Anastasia

Yeah, I feel that one. Only replace laundry with lifting things and warehouse work.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Job hunting.

I feel like I don't need to say anything else. Ugh.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

The whole of Washington appears to be, if not ON fire anymore, at least subject to the numerous fires that rage all over the place. Spokane, where I live, is coated in a blanket of hazy smoke.

I hates it. >_<
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

So I went into work today on my day off. I have on idea why I did that when I could've ducked the phone call.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on August 22, 2015, 11:01:51 PM
So I went into work today on my day off. I have on idea why I did that when I could've ducked the phone call.
Money, Dear Boy.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on August 22, 2015, 11:26:57 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on August 22, 2015, 11:01:51 PM
Money, Dear Boy.

It wasn't worth it.
<Afina> Forever.

DY

Going onto day 2 of no water. Plumber was supposed to come this morning to fix the issue. Never showed, then only rescheduled to tomorrow after I called them. >.<
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Dracos

Quote from: DY on September 01, 2015, 01:35:59 PM
Going onto day 2 of no water. Plumber was supposed to come this morning to fix the issue. Never showed, then only rescheduled to tomorrow after I called them. >.<

DY, do you need an evac helicopter from the 2nd circle of hell?
Well, Goodbye.

DY

I just might, here's hoping they show up today.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

DY

Quote from: Anastasia on September 03, 2015, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: DY on September 02, 2015, 09:24:12 AM
I just might, here's hoping they show up today.

Did they?

Yep, everything is fixed now. I have access to water again, huzzah!

Kaldrak

Well, today sucked. I can't even really be witty about it. Work was just awful. Being by yourself while way too many people want you to try to help them and trying to scramble around accomplishing everything alone and knowing you can't is notgood.

Notgood feelings all around. And I wasn't able to close on time either. There's this feeling in the back of my head that steadily grows the longer I continue to work at any job where I can't get off when I'm scheduled to. No matter how long or short the shift was, if I'm still working after the end of it, especially if the job is pure tedium or tons of complicated busywork like I have now, the feeling that I should be done and off work becomes all encompassing. A small voice in my head insists that we are finished and that continuing to work, even if we get paid and are authorized for it, is a monstrously unjust proposition, and that our compensation for such had better be damn good. The longer I continue to work after my shift should've ended, the more irritated I get.

I don't want to be angry and I don't like to treat people poorly because of it, but I am SO SICK of people sometimes. I am sick and tired of helping them with whatever it is they want from me. You're here after we closed and I can't just throw you out, oh no. I have to help you with your damn problems. The kindest thing you can do is shut up and get the hell out of my face, but failing that, don't give me special, complicated requests that take time to accomplish, because I have almost no patience left. Just GO AWAY.

So tired. I'm glad it's the weekend.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."