News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Earlier today I ended a 12+ hour transit that involved subways, trains, crying babies, planes, crying CTOs, and 'yes we need your help to fix servers while you're traveling'.

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yet another reason that I don't want a cell phone or any sort of mobile communication while I travel. It's like people expect things out of you.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Headache today.  Lot of work.  Xcode compiling super slow @_@
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

quite scared myself yesterday when after forgetting to take my epilepsy meds, I started twitching. In the shower no less. Long story short I fell, stubbed my toe, and now have a chink in the small of my back.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

That's pretty serious, yeah. Sounds like you have it pretty bad.
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 14, 2015, 01:56:32 PM
That's pretty serious, yeah. Sounds like you have it pretty bad.
Depends on your definition of 'bad'. I've never had a seizure. (at least, no full body convulsions) In fact, this was kinda violent as my twitching goes. Usually (or rarely seeing how my meds stop this sort of thing.) my twitches are just jerks of my arms, causing me to drop something or fling it across the room. This was a full body spasm an lapse of focus, leading to me suddenly on the floor.

This leads to a scared me walking slowly and clutching furniture because I don't want to fall and crack my head against something. I know what that feels like. (Filing cabinet vs. back of head, tipping chair in school.)

Here's a link to all you curious folk. http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/types-epilepsy-syndromes/juvenile-myoclonic-epilepsy
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Yeah wow, that's rough. At least you seem to have it under control and it's not crippling.

G'luck man, hope it gets better as you get older.
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 16, 2015, 12:31:01 AM
Yeah wow, that's rough. At least you seem to have it under control and it's not crippling.

G'luck man, hope it gets better as you get older.
I'm almost 19. I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to have this most of my life.
Apparently, when I got 'epilepsy on the defects list, I rolled to see what type in a sub-table and got one of the less serious ones. Yay.

Also, It turns out, I have had seizures before. Just not Generalized tonic-clonic seizures (Full-body convulsions) but Absence Seizures, where you stare off into space and your mind goes blank for a few seconds. I remember doing that a lot when I was younger actually...

"You enslave minds!"

KLSymph

I went to Bethesda for a research conference hosted inside a Marriott hotel. Had good catered food and a two-person room to myself. And on the last day, coming out of the shower, I looked upon the white sheets of my bed, and thought to myself, "That's a big, big cockroach."

Merc

You didn't expect to see bugs at a Bethesda event?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

KLSymph

I don't know anything about Bethesda that I didn't see on NCIS.

I don't know anything about Bethesda.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Merc on November 20, 2015, 02:00:31 AM
You didn't expect to see bugs at a Bethesda event?
This is legit the funniest thing I've read all week. I laughed for like fifteen minutes. Still giggling. L
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Rukatin

Step One: Acquire nearest makeshift weapon.
Step Two: Enter V.A.T.S.
Step Three: Kill Radroach.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

I work a six day work week coming up. On Black Friday week. That's just whimper-worthy.
<Afina> Forever.