News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

I would like to program in F#.

I would like to program in F# using Emacs, but Emacs's fsharp-mode doesn't let me create projects easily.

I would like to program in F# using Visual Studio, but Visual Studio's Emacs mode can't be customized as thoroughly. Also, I hate Visual Studio in general.

I would like to program in F# using the Atom text editor which has Emacs keybinding, customization, and Ionide for F# development, but Ionide project building requires Ionide-Yeoman.

Ionide-Yeoman requires generator-fsharp.

Generator-fsharp requires npm. Npm requires node.js.

Generator-fsharp also requires node-gyp. Node-gyp requires Python 2.7. Not even the newest Python (3.5), an old one.

Generator-fsharp also requires CL.exe. Which is available in Visual C++.

Generator-fsharp is finally installed, and all I had to do to make F# a project for maybe doing some text processing was install Python, C++, and a web-app programming framework. So can I finally create F# projects in my new text editor?

Nope!

ლಠ益ಠ)ლ

Also, Github projects have a notable tendency to not include information on how to start using the feature your project provides. (Like so)

Dracos

back to work on monday.  Bah.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Redskins melted down in the playoffs. Ugh.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Rukatin

I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Ranma_007

I was driving to work today on the interstate in the middle lane on a three lane highway, on my hands-free car system on a work phone call, and three cars in front of me suddenly swerved two lanes to try to get to a off ramp that they missed. They lost control of their car on the icy roads, went across the ramp, car doing donuts, and slammed at about 60 mph into a light pole. That light pole crashed down on the car. I hung up my meeting, called 911, got a operator, got the state police within 15 seconds, and told them the location (adrenaline spiking making me talk super fast), and then they hung up and sent police and ambulances.

Took me till mid-morning to get the adrenaline out of my system. Geez.

Anastasia

That'll do it. At least you were only a spectator and not a victim.

How'd your job take hanging up on them?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Wow, yeah, glad you weren't part of that outside of spectating.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Rukatin

It's sad how a part of your life so often taken for granted is suddenly just... gone. This morning my family's dog Oreo was acting lethargic and wasn't eating anything. Then he had a seizure and we decided to take him to the animal hospital. Turns out he was suffering of anemia, which was nothing good for a dog his age (13).

In the end, options were discussed, and it was settled that he was to be put down.

Rest in peace my friend.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Condolences. I lost my childhood dog nearly a decade ago and I still miss her. Heck, my current dog's getting up there and I dread the day she dies. Hang in there.
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

"You enslave minds!"

Kaldrak

Aww, that's sad Ruk. I feel for you.

I'm way too attached to my cat, so I'm gonna be heartbroken when she goes. On the plus side, we're there for our pets for their whole lives. Not everybody has that. Only thing we can do is enjoy the time we have with them, I suppose.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Quote from: Merc on January 12, 2016, 06:02:10 PM
Wow, yeah, glad you weren't part of that outside of spectating.

Seconded.  Glad you're safe, 007!
Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

Quote from: Anastasia on January 12, 2016, 05:30:26 PM
That'll do it. At least you were only a spectator and not a victim.

How'd your job take hanging up on them?
No concerns. I'm at a point where if I say "I have to drop" people are cool with it.

Also, thanks Dracos (and Merc).

Ranma_007

And I just read that Alan Rickman died. :( :( :(

Merc

Yup, and David Bowie a few days ago as well.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.