News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Upset stomach the last three days. Blah.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

I think not watching my dog be put down is going to be one of the biggest regrets of my life.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Dracos

Getting hammered at work by requests :(
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Planes delayed 3.5 hours suck.  That is all.

*prepares for post 1 am arrival time
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on January 23, 2016, 04:03:37 AM
Planes delayed 3.5 hours suck.  That is all.

*prepares for post 1 am arrival time

Eeew. Where's work sending you this time?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Wasn't work, I had this wonderful idea: "Hey, go catch up with friend you haven't seen in forever for a weekend".

Like a 1 hour flight each way.

Total Delay over the weekend: 8 hours. 

Seriously, it actually would've been almost as fast to drive there directly as it was to fly.  Delta had both legs of the trip having both multi-hour delays followed by issues with actually launching or returning the plane, resulting in long waits outside the gate.  They never gave much of an explanation.  I've never quite had non-weather or hardware malfunction delays like this.  Like really, not 'we are fifteen minutes delayed' or 'go to another gate', but 'we're going to do 2-3 flights out of this gate before your actual scheduled flight.

First time flying delta in a while and possibly the last for a while too.  That was just ridiculous.
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

Merc

Quote from: KLSymph on January 26, 2016, 12:54:46 PM
The Power Rangers Curse
By the same token, I guess someone could say there's a Doctor Who curse. I bet you'll find even more obituary entries there!

More seriously, it does suck that a lot of people died young, I remember when Thuy Trang died and as someone who'd grown up watching the series, I felt about that death much like I did when Alan Rickman died.

However, outside of her and Erik Frank, I can't recognize most of the other mentioned younger deaths. A lot of them are pretty much what I'd just attribute to old age and lifestyle choices, which is what brought up the Doctor Who comment.

I was surprised to read the bit about Medina though.

Also surprised that as long as they were mentioning terrible things people did, nobody mentioned Samuel Benta (power ranger from Overdrive). In the first Power Morphicon, staff was circulating banners for guest power rangers to sign, the banners would be auctioned/sold for charity. He stole one of the banners 'as a souvenir' and refused repeated requests to return it from staff, former rangers, and convention guests. Quickly went from a popular actor to absolutely despised in that fandom.

And there was David Yost, the original blue ranger, who was harrassed by the crew (though not his fellow cast members I believe) for being gay, to the point of nervous breakdown/considering suicide at one point. For a long time he refused invites to Morphicon and other reunions, though I believe he finally went to one of the Morphicon conventions in recent years.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ranma_007

Dracos

Don't worry 007.  One of these days we will manage to drag you to a hang out again and you can dominate the chess and go games :3
Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

I think I found pictures from the very first SR gathering. They're somewhere in my office, I should scan and post them. :)

Anastasia

4 days off in a row? Perfect time to get a chest cold, right guys?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.