News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

My guess is that the blame falls on the call center. I'm guessing from the accent comment it's some offshore deal? They're cheaper from what I understand, but you also get what you pay for.  It's like they're trying to make you use the automated systems whenever possible. A language barrier when you're trying to get help is maddening.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Kaldrak

Correct on most counts. That stuff didn't help, but the fact is that the major mistakes were made by the fluent English speakers who probably work here in America and whoever they had disconnect the wrong house.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

KLSymph

Spent six hours reconstructing the Anime Addventure's author aliases table by hand. Ah, the nostalgia of so many old familiar names, along with a decade's memories of cleaning up after those people.

Them days.

Does anyone here remember if Sgt. Chibi de`Ohki is Brian Randall? Or am I mixing people together?

Anastasia

Quote from: KLSymph on June 26, 2016, 02:02:03 PM
Spent six hours reconstructing the Anime Addventure's author aliases table by hand. Ah, the nostalgia of so many old familiar names, along with a decade's memories of cleaning up after those people.

Them days.

Does anyone here remember if Sgt. Chibi de`Ohki is Brian Randall? Or am I mixing people together?

That sounds like it might've been one of his, but I dunno for sure. Drac, you remember?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I think so as well.  It was either him or one of those who hung out in void, and pretty sure he was the only Ohki there.
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

I think it's sort of sad that for you guys, an era is ending. I've been here what, 2 years? Three? Yet you all have a history that spans back a decade at least.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

The Addventure is only a part of it, but yeah. This group goes back to Delphi at around 2000, 2001. Seeds of it formed earlier on the FFML back in the '90s, too.
<Afina> Forever.

KLSymph

Quote from: Rukatin on June 27, 2016, 02:13:48 PMI've been here what, 2 years? Three? Yet you all have a history that spans back a decade at least.

It wasn't so long ago that I was the new guy around here. The years fly past quickly. Try to get as much done as you can.

*works past midnight forcing 44,000 episodes of malformed HTML code into a single SQL table*

Anastasia

Sounds thrilling. How bad was the Addventure's coding, anyway?
<Afina> Forever.

KLSymph

We let people enter whatever HTML code they want, and what most people want to enter is apparently <font> tags.

<font> was deprecated in HTML four years before the Addventure began.

Anastasia

You must be having a blast and surely there's no way that went wrong.
<Afina> Forever.

KLSymph

Mostly not, by virtue of me having fixed them back when they were posted. But oh boy are the stuff I missed coming back to bite me now.

Dracos

Meh, even smoothly, surgery sucks.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Arakawa

Quote from: KLSymph on June 28, 2016, 10:51:20 AM
We let people enter whatever HTML code they want, and what most people want to enter is apparently <font> tags.

Surely, for online publishing there has to be some happy medium between <font> tags vs. the insane formatting restrictions of ff.net. Maybe someday someone will even discover it.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)