News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Hope your place is on high ground, Merc. Glad to see you're okay, too.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

KLSymph

I have family in Houston. They're not doing great, but it could be worse. Stay safe, Merc.

Merc

Will do. Good luck to your family as well and hope they stay safe too.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on August 28, 2017, 02:01:03 AM
Hope your place is on high ground, Merc. Glad to see you're okay, too.
Not high enough from what I'm hearing on news and from neighbors.

I chatted with Hal briefly a while ago so to give an update/clarification for those concerned for me (thanks for that) - My family and I left Houston and holed up in Bellville which is halfway to Austin, so we're in relatively high ground and safe HERE as far as I can tell. We're getting hit by some bad rain and water has gotten up scarily high but not quite what Houston is getting at least.

Our homes in Houston... well I don't look forward to going home. I know some friends got a bit of water inside their homes yesterday though thankfully not much. I'm honestly more worried for the friends and family. From everything we hear, there is no way out of those areas except via boat. If they fare well and so does my family, we'll manage on any home damage and call it a win.

Rukatin

Got into a low speed car accident. I rear ended a person going 10 to my 25
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on August 31, 2017, 07:40:37 PM

Geez, everyone okay? What happened?
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

Quote from: Anastasia on September 01, 2017, 01:56:24 PM
Quote from: Rukatin on August 31, 2017, 07:40:37 PM

Geez, everyone okay? What happened?

I looked to my mirror and looked back in time to see the dude in front of me had slowed down and didn't brake enough in time. No injures, just a few dents on either side and I got a 'following too close' ticket
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

That's gonna suck on your insurance, but at least no one was hurt.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Everywhere, there is smoke.

I do not care for this.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

The Redskins start with a loss yet again.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Irma.

Also 5:30 am panicked family calls.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

I worked 9 hour days on Saturday/Sunday because of project crunch time, put in a 30 hour overtime request yesterday for the week because I was fully expecting to work on friday as well.

Overtime request was rejected. I warn them that I already have 18 hours, almost half of my 40 hours complete and there's shit ton to do.

Management: "Do not work overtime."

Okay! I stayed until 10:30pm in the office today, because fuck if I'm going to spend 2+ hours driving to work just 2 hours tomorrow. I completed my 40 hours and I'm not going into the office until monday.

If something blows up...well, I stuck a very clear message on my computer screen stating that my OT was rejected, that I completed my 40 hours, and that if they need to talk to a process engineer they can talk to my coworkers.

I did send an email with my cellphone to coworkers because fuck, it's not their fault management is garbage, but I don't plan to be in the office again until Monday. I'm going to despise my email inbox come monday, but I guess I got a five day weekend ahead of me.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Merc on September 13, 2017, 12:56:07 AM
I worked 9 hour days on Saturday/Sunday because of project crunch time, put in a 30 hour overtime request yesterday for the week because I was fully expecting to work on friday as well.

Overtime request was rejected. I warn them that I already have 18 hours, almost half of my 40 hours complete and there's shit ton to do.

Management: "Do not work overtime."

Okay! I stayed until 10:30pm in the office today, because fuck if I'm going to spend 2+ hours driving to work just 2 hours tomorrow. I completed my 40 hours and I'm not going into the office until monday.

If something blows up...well, I stuck a very clear message on my computer screen stating that my OT was rejected, that I completed my 40 hours, and that if they need to talk to a process engineer they can talk to my coworkers.

I did send an email with my cellphone to coworkers because fuck, it's not their fault management is garbage, but I don't plan to be in the office again until Monday. I'm going to despise my email inbox come monday, but I guess I got a five day weekend ahead of me.

Wow that's just...wow.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Merc

I got a phone call at 7:30am from people I'd left my cellphone to, telling me that my OT was going to get paid and to come into the office quickly.

It's 9:30am now.

I'll go to the office, but goddamn it, I'm taking my time to get there. I'm still sleepy as fuck.

Merc

More of that OT fun today at the office.

[11:02] <Kotono> Indeed. HIya Merc. No overtime today?
[11:02] <Merc> Same bullshit, yeah.
[11:02] <Merc> I'm absolutely not answering my phone today.
[11:05] <Merc> I'm glad I went into the office yesterday, because the guy that wasn't approving my OT was apparently not going to give any budget to our India office and I had to send him emails explaining a lot of the shit they do. But today? Fuck the project, I already drove into work today and they asked me what I was doing there. If they try to call me in again, I'm just going to say I'm unavailable and I'll see them monday.