"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

A friend tried to contact me in April, after vanishing for several months. For some reason, they did it by sending a message in Skype, and I didn't open up my Skype acct for months after that. By that time the message has been deleted from 'recent' messages, and I can't figure out how to get the UI to display not recent messages (on Linux . The only way I can even tell there was a message is a quirk of the UI where the contacts list shows the date they tried to contact me.

Just sent a frantic message to try to get back in touch.

!@#$ Skype and !@#$ me.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Rukatin

Well, several days back I noticed a slight pain in my left leg right about knee-thigh area and checked it to see some sensitive red skin. I assumed I had twisted or pulled a muscle in my sleep, and proceeded to try an walk it off.

Fast forward to now the whole thing is swollen and I'm taking painkillers to walk. Going to the doctor first thing in the morning.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Rukatin

Quote from: Anastasia on September 18, 2017, 11:31:58 PM
Oooow. What the doc say?
Turns out it's a skin infection. Already on antibiotics and yogurt flavored pro-biotic gummies.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Good, glad it's nothing more serious.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Rukatin on September 19, 2017, 02:55:44 AMTurns out it's a skin infection. Already on antibiotics and yogurt flavored pro-biotic gummies.

If it's staph and it doesn't go away, PM me. I know of some stuff that might help.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Rukatin

Quote from: Kaldrak on September 19, 2017, 10:37:05 PM
Quote from: Rukatin on September 19, 2017, 02:55:44 AMTurns out it's a skin infection. Already on antibiotics and yogurt flavored pro-biotic gummies.

If it's staph and it doesn't go away, PM me. I know of some stuff that might help.

I have a sheet right here from tehg ood doc that says it's cellulitus.

"You enslave minds!"

Yuthirin

oh jeezus cellulitis

My mom had that once and near lost her damn leg
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Rukatin

Quote from: Yuthirin on September 20, 2017, 07:46:17 PM
oh jeezus cellulitis

My mom had that once and near lost her damn leg
Well good news my meds are working and it just a mess of peeling skin now.

"You enslave minds!"

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on August 20, 2017, 10:10:36 AM
I really wish people would keep politics out of sports. I watch them for escapism, not to be drawn yet again into political bickering.

This got about about a thousand percent worse, from what I've been reading lately.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on September 27, 2017, 01:00:48 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on August 20, 2017, 10:10:36 AM
I really wish people would keep politics out of sports. I watch them for escapism, not to be drawn yet again into political bickering.

This got about about a thousand percent worse, from what I've been reading lately.

Unfortunately so.

Hopefully it blows over soon.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on September 27, 2017, 01:35:20 AM
Unfortunately so.

Hopefully it blows over soon.

This feels distressingly like the new normal.

Protests, protests everywhere.

Of course, it would help if a certain someone wouldn't say crazy things to make all this stuff worse, but he's never going to change, so I guess the rest of us have to in some way.

Dracos

My house expansion is starting to look like it'll end up being more 170-190 than 150.  My pocketbook scretches.

Also bill rush is agh.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?