News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

Watched The Cloverfield Paradox. While the acting and the visuals were good, the story not.

Anastasia

Bombed talking to someone pretty hard, managed to find all the wrong words. Sucks when that happens.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Arakawa

Quote from: Anastasia on February 25, 2018, 06:53:15 PM
Bombed talking to someone pretty hard, managed to find all the wrong words. Sucks when that happens.

Always sucks when that happens. And then spending time to convince that the motives behind the words weren't what they thought....
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

Quote from: Arakawa on February 25, 2018, 09:15:49 PM

Always sucks when that happens. And then spending time to convince that the motives behind the words weren't what they thought....

Yeah, bad times all around. Rolled a few nat 1s and here we are.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

My computer died. I was playing a game and then I heard this 'vrrt' noise and it shuts off. Smells like burnt electronics. I think it might be the power supply, or rather, I hope it's just the power supply. Don't have a replacement lying around, so I'm on my laptop.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Ah geez, that's horrible. Hope it is just that, man.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on February 25, 2018, 10:12:27 PM
Ah geez, that's horrible. Hope it is just that, man.

My computer was a gift from Brian. I am a bit upset.

I still can't get the damn thing to work. Replaced the power supply with one I borrowed from my brother, but I either hooked it up incorrectly, it's not powerful enough to power the computer, or there was a power surge when the power supply died and it fried the CPU, motherboard, or both.

And I don't have enough money to replace all these expensive custom gaming PC parts, of course, though they are much less expensive now than they must have been originally.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

I'm so sorry, that sucks.

Was it an older rig? Maybe something was just shot, it happens.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Okay so, after more research, I found that the motherboard has some kind of surge protection switch that was tripped when the power supply died. Took a bit of searching, but I found it and was able to switch it back on. So I'll just order a replacement power supply and give my brother back his. I think I found a decent one on newegg within my price range.

I was getting pretty stressed out for bit there. Glad it's a relatively simple fix.

Anastasia

Glad to hear it, man. Let us know when it gets there if everything works okay?
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on February 26, 2018, 05:37:56 PM
Glad to hear it, man. Let us know when it gets there if everything works okay?

Will do, thanks.

Dracos

Quote from: Anastasia on February 25, 2018, 09:40:14 PM
Quote from: Arakawa on February 25, 2018, 09:15:49 PM

Yeah, bad times all around. Rolled a few nat 1s and here we are.

It's good to realize that.   Have another friend I chat with who did that and didn't quite click that well: Sometimes things don't smoothly recover from that.  When one fucks up, sometimes you gotta just own it and carry on.

Hope things work out, Kal!
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Dracos on February 27, 2018, 02:32:08 AM

Due to my general ineptitude at hooking up all the cables inside a PC to their prospective places and the very cramped conditions inside said case, it took me a while to figure out which one made the power button work and right now I have no case fans that work, but other than that, the computer is on and working with a borrowed power supply while I wait till next week for the replacement to arrive. I'll take another crack at 'why won't things go on' later, but I'm just happy it's not dead.

Anastasia

Good, good. Computers frying suuuuuck.

Quote from: Dracos on February 27, 2018, 02:32:08 AMIt's good to realize that.   Have another friend I chat with who did that and didn't quite click that well: Sometimes things don't smoothly recover from that.  When one fucks up, sometimes you gotta just own it and carry on.

Yeah, this one isn't going to recover, but it wasn't any huge deal either. Sometimes when that happens the best thing is to move on for everyone.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Barely slept and yet not tired at all. Odd.
<Afina> Forever.