There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Internet has been spotty as fuck and water pressure comes and goes since weekend. Been lucky enough to have power at least, though I've heard horror stories from others in texas, particularly in Austin. I sincerely hope Hal is doing okay.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Whelp... as of 9pm or so last night got hit by the 'rolling blackouts' that are supposed to last 40 min or so, went to bed, woke up just now and still no power and water seems to be out too and looked at weather report on phone (phone internet's surprisingly good at the moment, small favors I guess), and sleet warning in next hour with 80-90% chance of more snowing through morning. I'm grabbing two extra sets of blankets to cover myself with and hoping the morning is better. Hurrah for ash wednesday.

Also, didn't mention in last post since it's not even relevant to weather stuff - more SMW community drama, now between thedragonfeeney and grandpoobear, most of which feels like friendship spat stuff where poo has been a bad friend, if it wasn't for the little nugget of some sexual harrasment at the end of feen's accusation which is a fair bit more serious. A lot of people have blamed Poo regarding 'betraying' Dode too and taking a leading role against him, so you know that mess is also simmering waiting to explode again.

thepanda

Anastasia

Texas, yeah. Hang in there, Merc, I worried when I saw you peer out of IRC since I figured it was ice related.

Also a giant wince at the second part. How bad is the drama, anyway?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

We're doing okay here, we have gas fireplace to help keep warm, and water is still running if at low pressure. Boiling water before using it to keep safe since there were some reports of contaminated water too before we lost power. Still no power and internet connection via phone comes and goes.

As for SMW the two relevant tweets are here:
https://twitter.com/thedragonfeeney/status/1361784347016183809
https://twitter.com/grandpoobear/status/1361865301881577473

Anything else so far has been speculation and the internet being the internet. A couple of people publically have said not to message them on the situation so of course everyone is turning to them (or turning on them). As was suspected, definitely some people chiming in and comparing this to Dode and calling people hypocrites for how they're reacting even though the two situations are nothing alike.

Anastasia

Glad you're hanging in there.

At least this drama doesn't seem to be as ugly as last time's, at least on a casual glance.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

22 hours after, I have power and internet back. I also texted Hal and he's doing okayish. He hasn't had power or water for 60+ hours (since sunday evening), but they have a gas fireplace as well, so at least have a source of heat.

Anastasia

Brutal. Glad y'all are getting through it, at least.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

It looks like an early spring here. Booooooo.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

...Boo?

*eyes the chill factor going on around where he is*
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Windfalls and Life changes both come with remarkable goodness and... tons and tons of stress points.

*hires tax consultants and attorneys*
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on March 21, 2021, 02:22:42 PM
Windfalls and Life changes both come with remarkable goodness and... tons and tons of stress points.

*hires tax consultants and attorneys*

That sounds like one heck of a mixed bag.
<Afina> Forever.

thepanda

Is it me or are like half of the Wonder Egg Priority videos on youtube just titled with spoilers? So-and-so's death, whats-its-face sucide, blah is trans, this person's rape, ect

I don't even watch the show and its pissing me off.

Anastasia

I dunno what that is, but spoilers do suck.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Coronavirus vaccine does leave you a bit under the weather. And by a bit, I mean ARGHBLARGHFUCKLE.
<Afina> Forever.