News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Mystic Realms Arc

Started by Dracos, July 09, 2002, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

"There are a few legends tied to the city of Palanthas.  None with these mines though.  Many though with mages."  Darius looks unhappy.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Reiko sighed, So much for that idea.

"This formerly was a mine, so -- are there alternate paths through here?"

Dracos

"Yes, of course.  Though most are deeper into the mine.  Why do you ask?"

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

"Well, I don't know if it would be possible, but do you think we can split the troops and have one of the groups go around for a pincer manuver? That way, we can trap them and catch the enemies' undefended backs?"

Dracos

"An interesting idea, but neither myself nor my men know this cavern well enough to know which of the many sidetrails would lead around best."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

"A pity then," sighed Reiko, then she glanced up at the ceiling in thought.

"Is this tunnel the only exit to Palanthas? Or do all the tunnels lead to their own to Palanthas?"

Dracos

"Only the major tunnels do.  This one is by far the most direct."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

"Well, if this is the most direct, then would completely sealing this tunnel force them to go a more roundabout route and weaken them or even delay them?"

Dracos

"Indeed but it would take weeks to completely block off this cavern."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

"Perhaps," Reiko admitted, still lost in thought. "Darius? If it were possible to seal off this tunnel, how long do you think it would stall the enemy?"

Dracos

"Provided we were able to seal the tunnel, then it would take roughly an extra hour of travel to backtrack to a new tunnel and come around."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Reiko nodded. "It'll do. Darius, please take your men back to the entrance. I'll rejoin you as soon as I finish the preparations."

Dracos

Darius raises an eyebrow at that, but, he was told to follow orders.  "Yes, Lady Reiko."  Turning he gestured to his men, retreating back to the outside of the cavern.

In the distance the advance of the goblin troop continued unrestrained.  Nothing barred their path.  The feeling of the magic getting close could be sensed by Reiko.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.