News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Mystic Realms Arc

Started by Dracos, July 09, 2002, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

In the halls of Nerv, a young man fell prey to a vicious trap....  a talented young mage had his body ravaged and soul torn...  but this is not the full tale...  traveling to the lands of Russia, Aibari finds a pale hope for the power he needs...  Following it, he is soon lost in a world of elves and wizards... a pawn in game of chess beyond his power...

But a  pawn who reaches the end of the board...

http://dracos.anifics.com/COR/Aibari/

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Ginnezumusha

OOC:  EVIL

IC:  "Weeeeee!  Time to play follow the leader!  La la la laa~"

With that, Tadar shot forward at an impressive speed, using various branches as spingboards to gain even more speed.

Dracos

The blue cloud hurriedly flew over to Aibari, Tadar on his tail.

Fearless Leader
"You can talk now."  ^_^;;;
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Aibari glanced up as he finished tying a rag around his wound, eye twitching at Tadar's apparent cheer despite the battle.

"~Ahem... right... shall we go on now...?~" he asked calmly, standing up.

Ginnezumusha

Tadar poked the freshly bandaged wound a couple of times, marveling at the rag.

"Wow, you managed to do this by yourself?  Hey, does it hurt?  Does it?  I'm sorry I forgot to warn you about the extra hobgoblins, but we got out of that pretty easily, right?"

Tadar beams.  ^_^

Shukuen

Aibari winced, "Yes, it still hurts... just not as bad as it was before."

Sighing, "Well, Tadar? Shall we be off now before those hobgoblins realize we left them behind?" he asked, walking off briskly, a slight limp in his step. He paused a bit, just long enough to see if his traveling companion would follow or not.

Ginnezumusha

What did Aibari see when he check if his companion was following?  To quote:

'Tadar beams.  ^_^'

And he was still beaming, only 2 inches from Aibari's face, dispite any movement on the part of Aibari.

"Tee hee."  ^_^

Shukuen

Sweatdropping, Aibari backed away a bit, staring in confusion before walking ahead, mumbling every now and then.

Dracos

As the duo crested yet another woody hill they came before the towering city of Palanthas... it's beautiful ivory walls shining white, a beacon of hope in the wilderness.  Tucked in and built into a mountain it provided a difficult city to attack and it's army of knights ensured the protection of the  city.  It's golden gate, signifying the vast wealth of the trade city was open as a steady line of traders entered from the main road through the knight overseen pass.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Aibari whistled as the city came into view, "~Very impressive,~" he said.

As he gazed longer at the ivory city though, he began to feel a slight pang of homesickness. Sighing, he looked at Tadar, as if asking if he wished to continue following as he headed off to finish his errand.

Ginnezumusha

IC:  "It is, isn't it.  Such a nice big city, full of people and objects to discover and play with!  Ne, what are you suppose to do here, again?"

Shukuen

Aibari shrugged, "~Suppose to deliver a message to a knight. I think it was suppose to be Sir Gunthar...~" he answered, suddenly wondering how he was suppose to find anyone in this city.

Ginnezumusha

"A knight eh?  We should check the barracks.  They have lots of shiny weapons and armor and little throwing darts and rats among the hidden grog celler and maybe even some sword-chucks!  We can ask random people on the street where the knight barracks are!  Short people, fat people, thin people, tall people!  The kind of people that eat Armour hot dogs!  Or hows about the animals?  You like animals, Aibari?  I use to have this pet squirrel that liked to hide in my left pouch, except one day he left an interesting surprise in there, so I sold him to a nice but thin looking old man for his only daughter.  Funny thing is, her daughter turned out to be a boy, but thats only after I sold him to some house full of women in underwear.  I dunno what kind of house that was, but they were really appalled at it.  It's ok though, cause I got to play hide and seek with the city guards!  Though, they never got a turn to hide.  I wonder why... Anyways, I found this really cool bleeding squirrel prophet, that decided to hide, while I tried to find it.  I think it's brothers were trying to get the townsfolk to play, as they were all hopping all over them and using their teeth to beg them into playing.  I never did find out where that squirrel went.  I followed some dog down the road after that.  Anyways... isn't this yours?"

Tadar holds up the parchment that contained the message, still neatly rolled up.

"Man, you sure loose stuff quickly.  Good thing I had it for safekeeping, eh?  So what do you want to do first?  Wanna get something to eat?  Are ya hungry?  I've been eating waybread and honeywater for a day and a half now.  I sure could use something to eat.  Good thing that nice man in the mayor's robes decided to give me a reward after I found his money for him.  I swear, if people didn't loose stuff so much, I won't be needed on this world at all, ne?"

Tadar beams.  ^_^

Shukuen

Walking through the gates, Aibari facepalmed, twitching a bit. 'Study the Kender, Khalafi... You'll never know when you'll need it, Khalafi... I am such an idiot...' he thought morosely. Originally, he wrote off the Kender as playful but relatively harmless.

Of course, he'd had to run into one who seemed determined to destroy what little control he had left over himself. His luck ranked.

"All right..." Aibari grumbled, snatching back the parchment, "We'll stop somewhere for food first..."

Dracos

"HALT!   You there, with the kender.  How dare ye bring one of those into our city.  Don't you know they were outlawed in Palanthas, ten years ago?!"  A burly knight shouted at Aibari, his hand on his hilt as he barred Aibari's entrance to the  city..

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.