News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Mystic Realms Arc

Started by Dracos, July 09, 2002, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shukuen

"...you're right, Tadar. And I appologize," Aibari said, bowing his head. "I guess I'm still a bit nervous about messing up since that ambush."

"And now there's this business with the guards stopping travellers, despite the fact they should be especting a messenger soon..."

He narrowed his eyes, glancing up to the sky, "It's obvious someone doesn't want this delivered... but who...?" he asked, quietly mulling over the puzzle.

Ginnezumusha

"Probably someone that holds quite a bit of sway in city affairs.  So, do you wanna try to sneak in?  Or do you have some magi-zard techno sorcerous plan to get us in?"

Shukuen

"Well Tadar, this plan requires us to split up a bit," Aibari explained. "What I need you to do is to distract as many of those guards as you can so they are forced to change shifts. Then I can try to go through the gates again when new guards come in that have not seen me yet."

Ginnezumusha

OOC:  O_o

IC:  "No problem!  I gotcha covered!"

Scurrying down to where the guardpost was, Tadar non-chanlantly picked up a rock, put in in his hoopak, and slung it right between a guard's eyes. (Guard from earlier)

Dracos

Given that as previously described there was little 'cover' within shooting distance, the guards at the top of the battlements promptly trained their crossbows on Tadar's head and fired, sending him down dead to the floor.  Crossbow bolts easily penetrating his unshielded head.

Two other  guards quickly took their unconscious but alive brethern, saved by his steel helmet, to the infirmary.

Tadar lay, a bloody mess on the floor, as the merchants cheered the fall of an obvious brigand.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Aibari smacked his head, not believing that Tadar would rush out like that...

...then flinched as he watched his late comrade fall before the arrows. "..."

Sighing, Aibari spared a moment to pray for the departed. When he finished, he noted wryly that it seems a plan "c" was required.

Moments later...

A young, thin, pale looking girl stumbled into sight, trying to adjust her oversized travelling clothes. Brushing a stray lock of blue hair out of her eyes, she smiled nervously to the guards.

"Uhm... hello? Is this Palanthas?" Reiko asked, readjusting her belt.

Dracos

A burly blond man in armor stepped up to the young Reiko, towering well above her.  "Yes it is m'am.  State your business."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Looking up at the taller man, Reiko gulped, then tried to give her friendliest smile. "Uhm... I have a message for Sir Gunthur from my Shalafi, Ramzour," she explained.

Dracos

"Hum...  wait...  Let me get my captain."  The tall man ran  off and returned leading a broader chested older man who was slightly shorter than him.    The captain's brown eyes shone seriously as he stalked out towards Reiko.

"Madam, I am told you bear a message for Sir Gunthar?  From the archmagus Ramzour?   May I see any proof of your claim?"

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Nodding, Reiko brought out the parchment holding the message, Ramzours seal still intact despite the rough journey it has been through.

Dracos

OOC: There comes a tyme...^_^*hops around*

IC:

"This is indeed the seal of Archmagus Ramzour of the silvery city.  Your words must be true.  I apologize for any harsh greetings you may have received."  The guard captain bowed before young girl.  "I will see you to the waiting area and have Lord Gunthar contacted immediately.... if you will please follow me."

Gesturing to a retinue of men, which quickly formed a protective formation around Reiko, the guard captain prepared to lead her off.

Fearless leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Reiko smiled and thanked him, then followed closely, not wanting to get lost.

Dracos

The guards lead her through the vast and lively city.   children played in the streets as vendors hawked their wares all over the place.  Passing the simple ivory temple of Paladine, a sense of peace filled the air.

Passing that they came to the towering center of government, home of Lord Palanthas, the heridery lord of the city.  Talking with the butler swiftly, the guard captain turned to Reiko, "Madam mage, if it pleases you, you may wait here while I send a runner to go get Lord Gunthar.  Lord Palanthas also should likely hear whatever news this is."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

"Okay," Reiko nodded, watching the captain walk off before turning her attention to the butler.

Dracos

"Welcome Lady Magus, If you will follow me."  The butler opened the door and lead her through the ostentatious lower floors, to the stairway curling up to the higher floors.  Occassionally stunning scenes of Palanthas can be seen through windows.  Reaching one of the top floors, the butler opened a fine oak door to a beautiful waiting room.   Several fancy carved wood seats sat around a medium sized ivory table.  A beautiful couch sat alongside it.  From every side beautiful views of Palanthas could be seen.... but one that was covered by a thick silk covering drew the eyes by it's.....well, inappropriateness.

"if you will wait here, I am certain the Lords will arrive shortly."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.