News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Great Rpg bosses

Started by Dracos, July 14, 2002, 08:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Say Drac, did you ever fight the Hamsters in Valkyrie Profile? With the way you latched onto the Black Bunny of Doom...

Granted, BBD>Hamsters, but still.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Nope.  I assume those are in the hidden dungeon after the game.  I never got around to playing that, having to return the game to the friend I borrowed it from.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yeah, they are in the Seraphic Gate.  It's a pity you returned Valkyrie Profile without playing it, as it's the most enjoyable part of the game.
<Afina> Forever.

bakashinji

I liked the Wedding Cake Boss in Super Mario RPG.  So funny!

advanced adept

an RPG villian hmm..?

I forgotton the name of the boss.. but it's the end boss  of Crystilis. [sp?] {any other old Goats remember the boss's name?]

The Hidden Final fantasy boss in SMRPG was tough as hell too. [ was the name of that boss Culex? it's been years since I played SMRPG]

amp;ltMcMoo&gt An infinite number of monkeys, on an infinite number of typewriters, will eventually produce the collected works of Shakespeare. John Romero's Daikatana was a ten-minute, five-monkey job.

Dracos

The name was Culex.  And damn was he a fun boss.  A fun challenge was to try and beat him both before getting the superjump items or the special shell armor and weapons (Lazy Turtle I believe).

If you could, very much kudos to you, it's one hell of a challenge.  The trick in surviving that is entirely with Mario himself and having a good deal of luck.  Specifically in being able to pull out 50+ attacks every round with super or ultra jump.  Either/or you just have to be taking down a crystal at least every two rounds because you won't have staying power.

Now, of course, if you manage to get the lazy shell armor and the special jumping award equipment well, everyone left in the game becomes easy.  ^_^

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

advanced adept

Beating Kefka in FF3 when it  came out was hard as hell for me.. [1994]
in 1998 I whooped his butt easily.

one of the more toughest bosses was Agahinim [the wizard you fight in the castle after getting the master sword] in Link to the past. Gannon was also irritating but not really hard.

amp;ltMcMoo&gt An infinite number of monkeys, on an infinite number of typewriters, will eventually produce the collected works of Shakespeare. John Romero's Daikatana was a ten-minute, five-monkey job.

Dracos

The wizard wasn't hard at all...   what made Ganon, final boss Ganon, annoying as hell was my own tendancy to get knocked off the floor and have to start from scratch.

Fun boss though.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

That pitfall trap as you fought Ganon was evil.  

EVIL, I say!
<Afina> Forever.

advanced adept

Dark Link from LOZ 2 was one tough bastard.

Dark Matter from Kirby's Adventure [nes] took a bit of time to fragg as well.

Dracos

Hmm, 3 tries.  That's what it took me when I repicked up the game last summer, sat down and, in one go, played it from beginning to end.  One try to see the spaceflight bit and find out the pattern.  One try to get the pattern down pat.  And one final go to beat it.

Anyhow, it doesn't truthfully belong here ^^;;  as it's a platform hopper boss.  Not a true RPG boss ^^;.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

advanced adept

The Hidden Mu you attack in a secret room after you opened the books in the correct order took a bit of time as well. [this was the magical kingdom of Zeal. Chrono trigger]

Beating Lavos on the first try was tough. [when you blow open his shell and see the alien in the space suit thing.]

Carthrat

Oh Gawd...

Lavos Core is annoying simply because you...

<-Spoiler!->

Have to attack the frigging right bit instad of the main body. It took me *ages* to figure that out.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ginnezumusha

Well, not attacking the right bit only makes it more of a challange... which is fun to overcome as you use the New Game+ option.  Plus, fighting lavos the first time (where he rains destruction from above) or right as you start the game is much harder.

Dracos

WITH THE BROOM GINN!  WITH THE BROOM!

"Who killed Lavos?"

"It was Crono with the broom at the very beginning of the game."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.