News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Anyone interested in a forum based D&D game?

Started by Priss, October 31, 2004, 07:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyMage

As far as I've seen the most exotic of us is the rodent for choosing a subrace of elf... That isn't a drow... So I don't think that rule needs to be restated.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Priss

No, the setting isn't specificly Faerun.  It's set in the Underdark, but I'm just using that as a handy name for the cavernous realm of the drow and the other dezenins of the deep.

Nothing real special about the world beyond that you might like to know that I have a perchent for "borrowing" creatures from Faerun and other D&D worlds, such as Ravenloft and Oriental Campaigns.
nto the Darkness
Into the Depths of Reality
At The Edge of Insanity
At The End of Creation
There I Am

Prince Herb

Priss

Alright.  It looks good as it is, though if you have a link or information about the Sword Dancer class (I'm assuming it's a PrC), I'd appreciate if you could send it to me.  I'm not real familiar with it, and as I'm assuming it's the reason that your classes of cleric and fighter don't cancel parts of each other out (the weapon restriction that is).  

Oh, that reminds me, if someone wants to accept the weapon restrictions that go with it, I'll allow the feat "Weapon Bond" (or something of that nature in the naming area).  It gives you bonus for using a specific, named, weapon, but you loose those bonuses with any other weapon, even if it's the same type.  And if your bonded weapon becomes lost, broken, or stolen, and kept from you for a period over three weeks (I believe), then you loose the bond and have to start all over.  (It's in the Netbook of Feats (the latest one will have it.) which is technically a 2e book, but I can make it work with 3e.)   If someone wishes to use it, then their bonded weapon (which _must_ have a name) will not count against the equipment cost.  However, I would strongly recommend looking it up.

Also, for feats and skills not listed in the Player's Guide or DMG, please tell me where I can find them or send me a email with the rundown on it, just to make sure we're all on the same pages.
nto the Darkness
At The Edge of Insanity
At The End of Creation
There I Am

Carthrat

http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=13428

Incantatrix (PrC) and Greater Ironguard (a spell) can both be found in Magic of Faerun.

Greater Spell Penetration and Spellcasting Prodigy (both feats) can be found in the Forgotten Realms core book.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Carthrat

As an aside, Priss, can you lay down some times when you'll be on IRC or something, so we can catch you? That'd be really handy, because we could clear up issues quickly; not just now, but during the game, too.

Priss

I'm afraid I'm online kind of randomly right now.  The hazards of living with the old folks and working night shift.  I'll try to get into IRC more often, but I can't really promise anything until I finalize on my own place. ^_^;
nto the Darkness
At The Edge of Insanity
At The End of Creation
There I Am

Prince Herb

That was one of the changes between 2e and 3e ; clerics now get all simple weapons proficiencies, rather than a selection of crushing weapons.   Fighters get all simple and all martial WPs, so unless their god thinks otherwise, fighter/clerics can use anything.   The bastard sword is the chosen weapon of Eilistraee, so I took that as an Exotic WP.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=fr/fx20020503ex1 for a writeup of Eilistraee.

The PrC is in Faiths and Pantheons pp205-206, and some of the domain spells she gets are in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.

Armour use - most of the supernatural abilities apart from spell casting can only be used when wearing light or no armour, and are subject to arcane spell failure.   They can't be used with medium or heavy armour, or any shield.

Attune a sword - takes a tenday of holding or wearing a given sword for at least 8 hours a day.   Only one sword can be attuned at a time, for any given effect [sword song, sword dance, etc], but a single sword can be attuned for more than one effect.

Sword song - attuned sword sings heroic songs giving the sword dancer [or itself, if dancing] a +2 morale bonus to hit and damage, and the sword dancer a +3 morale bonus against mind-affecting spells and effects.   Ability can be used for [class level + Cha bonus] rounds/day.

Moonlights - create at will [as a free action] small lights, like those produced by a dancing lights spell.   Can move no more than 5' from the sword dancer, and no more than [class level] can exist at one time.

Sword dance - attuned sword can be used as if it has the dancing property, up to [class level] times/day.

Maiden's Sword - attuned sword may be enchanted as if via the Craft Magic Arms and Armour feat.

Spellsong - the sword dancer may spontaneously cast prepared spells up to 6th level as domain spells.

There are a couple of abilities not described here because they're pretty obvious, and one [Sword shield] that the sword dancer only gets at class level 10.

Priss

Hmmm... looks good Rat, Xal.

I think I need to reiterate that Nirae is done there somewhere and _Lain_ (her daughter) is the one who gathered the adventurers together.

^_^;
nto the Darkness
At The Edge of Insanity
At The End of Creation
There I Am

Carthrat

It's her own fault for having a confusing name.

>_>

Carthrat

I hereby pronounce this game Dead. The funeral service will be held in December, for any who wish to apply.

In other news, my post count just went up by 1. I am a sad loser. Help me. Please. ;_;

Prince Herb

Here, Ratty, take this Postaholics Anonymous flier.   They can help you, if no one else can.

Priss

*stumbles into the room and peers around with blood-shot eyes*

Urk... I hate overtime.  I do.  I absolutely despise it.  And yet... I keep working it.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???!  Probably has something to do with how nice it is to make 15 dollars an hour. ^_^;

HOWEVER.  Provided there's a place to actually start and run this game here (I know there is somewhere, but I am seriously sleep-deprived at the moment and can't think of it), we should be set to go on this coming Monday.  Why then?  Because at the moment I have my hands rather full working on the big family gather/dinner for Thanksgiving.  As of Monday, everything should be cleared up to the sane levels again.

Of course, I do happen to have the starting post typed up, so if someone could direct me towards a place to put it and start things running, if could start on Friday instead.
nto the Darkness
At The Edge of Insanity
At The End of Creation
There I Am

Dracos

It could be created by contacting any of the admins (such as myself) and asking for a gaming board (as everyone does).  It is miraculous how doing this acquires one.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.