News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Adventure 2.0 - Heli 3. Will Rat survive a nasty new world?

Started by Anastasia, December 11, 2004, 08:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The pre dawn sky makes you frown - night is longer here. Yet clouds do race across it, a nasty omen. The almost purpledark tint to the sky suggests rain soon.

Across, there is a gaping hole - the exit, improvised, into the barren streets.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

"Well, let's go," calls out Carthrat, and he starts forward, leading this ragtag bunch to freedom.

Odd how things turned out like this so fast.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

The streets are dark and dim, but not enough to impede your progress. Your mini caravan heads out to the old town gates, where you entered shortly ago. Out the caravan goes...

Perhaps fortune is in your favor, but your group slowly advances without incident. The sun gradually rises, much slower than the pace Earth's sun sets. Light begins to shine down on you, as your ship comes into view...
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Carthrat hugs his coat around himself- it's chilly and windy and not weather he's fond of at all. The slow-rising sun is not a reassurance- either it's distant or smaller, and neither are fun.

Still, his ship (and central heating) await!

As long as it hadn't been pillaged.

Anastasia

As you approach, the hatch entryway opens with a hiss. Tir hops down, quickly eyeing the group you brought with you. "Bringing guests over already," he asks. "You've been up to something. How'd it go?"
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"Helmsman," acknowledges Carthrat, gravely.

"Some refugees, dude. Hey, Rachel, go kick up the medbay. Get a few of the sicker people into beds and such. Tir, go find some Galactic Council place where we can put these guys. I'll find some food and crap."

He turns to the crowded group. "Welcome aboard, kids. There's some seats and couches and stuff in the living area. I think there's even a television."

Anastasia

Thus, the group is loaded in! Once they are, Tir calls you to the helm while Rachel stays with them. "Good timing," he notes. "Sensors area picking up land and low level aircraft coming towards our area. Still a couple of hours away, but they're coming."
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"What, planes? Tanks?" replies Carthrat, derisively. "Can you get energy readings on them?

Have they got any heavy plasma stuff? If they don't, they probably don't have anything better, so I doubt they can penetrate shields. Except maybe for rockets and the like.. but it doesn't matter. We should be in orbit before they even get here. Better start taking us up."

Anastasia

"Midrange stuff. Some plasma and energy, but it doesn't look like a lot," he nods. "And I'm already on it, Rat." Up your ship goes, up to the stars beyond.  As it breaks orbit, "So...what happened there," he asks, turning once he setsit on autopilot. "Gonna be a couple of days, by the way."
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"Refugees," replies Carthrat, shrugging. "They were all holed up in some.. well.. hole when I found them, poking around underground. Can't leave them there like that, can I? They and their former city have been apparently ransacked by gangs- probably groups in the same plight, just with bigger guns.

But I had a look at the planet, too. It'd be a good place to work. I'm pretty sure there's enough infrastructure that hasn't been ruined in the major cities and whatnot for me to work with. I doubt the gangs have taken any of the real important stuff- the scientific equipment and whatnot that I think could be in any one of the ruined cities. And if I can move the bits I need underground, I could work without having to bother dealing with uninvited guests.

So, you see, everyone wins this way. I take out the refugees and they get to live lives that aren't threatened with death every other second. In return, I get to borrow a few of their healthier men and get them to help me out with manual labour and whatnot. Plus I get this neat underground city in the bargain. It's everything a mad doctor could want."

Anastasia

Tir nods along at the right points, waiting for you to finish. "This is it, then," he asks. "No more doubt?"
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Carthrat flops down in the co-pilot chair.

"It'd be nice to work in an idyllic world, wouldn't it?" he mumbles. "But yes, that's the plan, right up until someone decides they don't like what I'm doing and wants to throw a wrench in the works."

Anastasia

"Mmm," Tir nods. "Operations like this never seem to go as you want, and someone always takes an unhealthy interest in them," he agrees morosely. "That's before factoring your shining personality in, even," he adds a second later.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"Oh, thanks," replies Carthrat, flatly. "I'll have you know I've been on my best behaviour, now that a girl is involved."

Anastasia

"Heh," Tir chuckles. "A girl, or a special woman," he asks idly.
<Afina> Forever.