News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Ladies and gentlemen, betting is open....

Started by Brian, December 14, 2004, 04:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Place your characters, place your characters....

And so it begins.  Right, so, in the interest of speeding things up a bit since I dropped the ball, and since HERO is a bit complex for a single scene, I've decided to simplify things for all of us.  This RPG is going to be freeform, which means you don't need to worry about the system; someone else will do that (Hi!).

With one exception.  I like the idea of action or anti-hero or willpower points, so you each get one.  This means, if your character is in a bind, and wants to do something really anti-heroic, you can tell me you're using it to improve your odds to pull off the stunt.

Obviously, these things could help you a lot.  You can potentially earn an extra of these anti-hero points by writing up a good background.  It doesn't need to be overly complex (this is a short game), but does need to be well thought-out.

I'd like a background from everyone, if possible.  You can either post it in a reply to this thread, or e-mail it to me, whichever works for you.

Ideally, this game is going to begin as soon as I get everyone's backgrounds....

Edit: For Setsuna....
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

Okay ... the game was supposed to start yesterday.

I have recieved one character sheet, and this is with the handy addendum that now we don't even need to stick with a system.

If you don't want to play in the game, please tell me.  If I've done something wrong and you don't want to talk to me, have someone else tell me.  I'd just like to know.

~exploding tag~

Halbarad

Ralph Jergensen

Ralph is a long-time safecracker. While the prospect of this heist is nothing new, he's hoping that by going along on a few major jobs he can raise his reputation enough to earn a position among the greats of his 'profession'.

Ralph is 29 years old. Tall and thin, with an almost unhealthily pale complexion (mostly from spending the evening hours awake), he's quite skilled at his profession of choice. He's managed to avoid the attention of the authorities for the most part, aside from a few minor misdemeanor convictions several years prior. Ralph is always ready to tackle a new challenge, although whether he's up to that challenge is anything but a given.

----
Don't know how much/what else you need from me, GM-sama.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Anastasia

Bah, I'm braindead. I'll have something up this afternoon, my fault.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Hal: That's perfect.

Ana: Great, I'm aiming to start on Saturday, then.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Okay. I should tell you I'm working evenings this Saturday and Sunday, however. Blah. 5 to 10 EST, and I can't get on a computer after work until the morning.

Gus O'Dell.

Gus is the typical big man - he's six two and a touch over two hundred pounds, the sort of guy who makes a great bouncer. Or, if he's greedy like Gus, a pretty good heavy man, the backup muscle behind a job if things go sour. While he's not bright, he's not -quite- dumb, either. Lower average, but his 'hit on command' and general bullish tendencies make him appear dumber.

An Irish-Polish mutt, he's tall, bulky and bald. A leather cap of the era is his caveat to his shiny dome, and he dresses loosely. He knows how to use a sap pretty damn well, and he's passable with most clubbing weapons and can fire a handgun decently.

As he has a taste for money, he's ended up in the world of crime. Having done a few jobs gives him a desire for even more. Luckily so far, he hasn't ran into the coppers.

Age - 22

Height 6'2

Weight 208

Skin Irish pale

Hair - Bald, red naturally. One of the reasons he cuts it, he hates the coloring, much to the shame of his beloved mother.

Rough sketch, I intend to play it up and work out the finer mannerisms and details as it goes. Thoughts?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Otter

Apologies for the lateness here.  Please excuse my total RP inexperience and tell me about whatever I'm doing wrong.  Doesn't seem like I wrote enough.

-

Brett Anthem
Height: 6'1
Weight: 189
Hair: dark brown
Skin: slightly tan (quarter each of German/Irish/Italian/Polish)

Brett's was a typical enough case of a poor immigrant's son turned to crime.  Given his lack of particular fighting skill, he began his career with sleight-of-hand, scams, and simple thievery, relying on his light foot falls and bright smiles to win his way to fortune by subtlety or charisma.  His early experiences as a grifter went well enough to give Brett confidence in his abilities, but more recent ones have sharpened his caution and given him the habit of carrying concealed weapons just in case.  He's now gone just a little too long without a successful job and is anxious enough for the money, as well as an opportunity to rise in the ranks of Colorado Springs' seedy side, to accept considerable danger.

-

Edit: forgot to mention, this is also pretty much just a sketch, especially background-wise.  Planning to build him up through the story, same as Dune.  Seems right enough for this kind of thing, anyway.  Kind of reminds me of Reservoir Dogs.
size=9]The Lutrines Enhydra

Mastermind: Jeff
Incisors: Sheena Lepant, Kyle, Sonya Shulen
Dukes of Nuke: Lemina Ausa, Edwin Odesseiron
Support: Jessica De'Alkirk, Jeane, Tim Rhymeless[/size]

Corwin

My char's called Ivan Fedorovich Raschenko, and he works as an accountant at the bank.

He's in his mid-thirties, wears glasses, and has short blond hair. Average build and height. This should be enough to let you spot him.  ^^
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake