News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Kt3 on October 30, 2011, 12:12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlK5abIJRyM

Genki Sudo came out with another video not too long ago.  Good stuff as always from them.

I love all the visual body effects they manage without having to resort to anything more than practice and precision of movement. Who needs LucasArts for it to be entertaining? :D
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

That is incredibly awesome.  And the entire time, I couldn't stop thinking it was the logical progression of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqh1rg7p9aQ
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on October 30, 2011, 12:49:05 PM
That is incredibly awesome.  And the entire time, I couldn't stop thinking it was the logical progression of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqh1rg7p9aQ

It's a MAN'S LIFE in the Japanese Volunteer Fire Department! (Kudos if you get the ref. =)
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

DY

Quote from: Kt3 on October 30, 2011, 12:12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlK5abIJRyM

Genki Sudo came out with another video not too long ago.  Good stuff as always from them.

That's awesome, I really like his stuff.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Kt3

Anyone mind if I drop youtube links in here to interesting music I find, or should it be in a separate topic?

Something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBZdSHAIZI

It's not often I hear Electro-Swing.  It... amuses me.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Brian

Well, at least the CDC has this covered:

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Edit: I love how it's a thinly veiled generic 'disaster preparedness' thing; somehow, that only enhances the awesome.

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Kt3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMnBzXOrP8Q Alpaca-based visual novel. 

Check off another item on your list of "things to see before I can claim to have seen it all".
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Brian

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Kt3 on November 01, 2011, 02:03:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMnBzXOrP8Q Alpaca-based visual novel. 

Check off another item on your list of "things to see before I can claim to have seen it all".
Ooookaaaay... I can safely say that the last vestiges of my youthful desire to be everything Japanese I had when first exposed to anime, etc., has just been burned away. I don't know whether to thank you or hate you for it. =)

Kt3

The last of mine got burned away when I started reading JET teachers' diaries.

Brian

Quote from: Sinom Bre on November 01, 2011, 05:20:09 AMOoookaaaay... I can safely say that the last vestiges of my youthful desire to be everything Japanese I had when first exposed to anime, etc., has just been burned away. I don't know whether to thank you or hate you for it. =)
Quote from: Kt3 on November 01, 2011, 01:34:06 PMThe last of mine got burned away when I started reading JET teachers' diaries.

Soulriders: Celebrating ten years of crushed dreams.

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on November 01, 2011, 01:46:03 PM
Soulriders: Celebrating ten years of crushed dreams.
Probably time to replace the mallets. The heads are getting worn from the constant use.