News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kt3

Hammers?  What are you, some sort of rabbit on the moon?  :]

If anything, dreams are crushed underfoot.

I guess that makes Mario the ultimate dreamcrusher.  He stomps and mallets.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Kt3 on November 01, 2011, 02:19:40 PM
Hammers?  What are you, some sort of rabbit on the moon?  :]

If anything, dreams are crushed underfoot.

I guess that makes Mario the ultimate dreamcrusher.  He stomps and mallets.
* Sinom Bre hands Kt3 some sakura mochi.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Dracos

We use boots.

It's more satisfying that way and takes longer.
Well, Goodbye.

Edward

If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Brian

...okay, I usually hate candid-camera type stuff because it feels mean in general--  This one really was hilarious. :p
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Quote from: Dracos on November 10, 2011, 01:04:54 PMwww.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yIxUOWrtw  Dune linked, was amusing.

eeeeeh.....  While I get the concept, I think my Lore: Doom stat is a bit too weak to get the specifics.  Otherwise, entertaining, if somewhat hyperbolic.

And now ... a blast to the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9K1Z0dganA

Tough.

But fair.

~exploding tag~

Brian

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Quote from: Brian on November 13, 2011, 05:22:45 AM
Quote from: Dracos on November 10, 2011, 01:04:54 PMwww.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yIxUOWrtw  Dune linked, was amusing.

eeeeeh.....  While I get the concept, I think my Lore: Doom stat is a bit too weak to get the specifics.  Otherwise, entertaining, if somewhat hyperbolic.

And now ... a blast to the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9K1Z0dganA

Tough.

But fair.

It's more Lore:CoD I think?  Doom itself lacked allies, vocal narrative, written narrative, and tutorial stuff in any way shape or form.  It predates the notion that the player should be in any larger context and generally ends levels abruptly.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Quote from: Dracos on November 14, 2011, 12:26:21 PMIt's more Lore:CoD I think?  Doom itself lacked allies, vocal narrative, written narrative, and tutorial stuff in any way shape or form.  It predates the notion that the player should be in any larger context and generally ends levels abruptly.

Hm, never played CoD.  That'd explain it, then. :p

~exploding tag~

Brian

This is from Sunhawk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_2TeVk1tc

Warning:  If you have a soul, it will probably make you cry a little.

*sniff*

~exploding tag~

Merc

I teared up a bit. The music really makes the commercial a lot more emotional. Which is weird for a song from a game on zombie survival of all things.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

thepanda

Ranma 1/2 live action.

Panda!Genma looks atrocious. There is just no other way to put it.

Akane looks ok I guess.

Nabiki is smokin' hot. I'm not sure but google translate suggests she makes money on the stock market and has a cabaret club. That seems like a nifty little twist. I really like the hairstyle.

Kasumi is also pretty easy on the eyes.

I think I would have gone for a brighter red for female Ranma.

Merc

I had the feeling that panda-genma was using the panda suit from those commercials you linked a while back. =p

I want to see panda-genma knocking the table over and putting that tofu or whatever the advertisement was about now.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Sinom Bre

I find it amusing that onna-Ranma has reddish highlights in her hair. Gary Kleppe would be most upset. :)

Genma-panda sucks. No budget for props in this show, obviously.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960