News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

Quote from: Merc on November 16, 2011, 04:28:54 PM
I had the feeling that panda-genma was using the panda suit from those commercials you linked a while back. =p

I want to see panda-genma knocking the table over and putting that tofu or whatever the advertisement was about now.
Even the Panda cheese commercials looked better than this thing!

Sin: Now I'm trying to remember if anyone wrote a story where Ranma's hair kept changing like on the book covers.

Brian

Yes.  There was an author who insisted on it.  I forget his name, but it drove Rakhal nuts.  (Also, wasn't very good.)
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: thepanda on November 16, 2011, 05:43:15 PM
Sin: Now I'm trying to remember if anyone wrote a story where Ranma's hair kept changing like on the book covers.

You mean more than just black and red? I can't recall any that did.

Ah, I see that Brian remembered one.

Brian: Much as I enjoyed Rakhal's company on IRC over the years, that was never a short drive for him where his peculiar view of Ranma canon was concerned. =p
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Dracos

A quick step off a short  pier?
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Well, if anyone has the patience to dig, it's still on his Index.  Author wrote a few fics, so you can skip all the 'only wrote one' authors.  I believe he was also primarily Ranma/Akane....  Yeah, I have to dig this up now.

Dangit.  Here's a short one:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/327502/1/Getting_Ready

I'm ... not sure it's this guy, but you know what?  He writes Gold Digger fanfic, not going to look more closely.

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Now, now, Gold Digger was a fun read. You can't take it too seriously. ;p

Quote from: Dracos on November 16, 2011, 06:07:09 PM
A quick step off a short  pier?
Well, more like he was touchy about certain things. For example, he hated split-Ranma fanfics where the girl and boy half split off. That would always get under his skin and set him off like nitro. Never did get a good reason why, but things like that.

Quote from: Sinom Bre on November 16, 2011, 05:50:18 PM
Brian: Much as I enjoyed Rakhal's company on IRC over the years, that was never a short drive for him where his peculiar view of Ranma canon was concerned. =p
Given the preceding comment, perhaps it would be more accurate to say Ranma canon/fanon...
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

I got the blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqGcWhKXZcM

Spoiler: ShowHide
"He said 'brains'.  That's zombie for 'brains'."

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

Currently estimating the likelihood that the live-action Ranma 1/2 people are going to explain away the bad Panda!Genma suit. Kind of how the fact that Luna was played by a plushie in live-action Sailor Moon got explained by making her out to be some kind of cotton-based life form rather than an actual cat.

Jyuusenkyo Guide: Oh no! Your father, he fall in spring of drowned man in panda suit!

Ranma: Uh, WHAT?

Jyuusenkyo Guide: Very tragic story, of balloon seller in panda suit who drown in spring, three thousand year ago!

Ranma: Did they even have balloon sellers in panda suits back then???

Jyuusenkyo Guide (eyes flashing angrily): Do not question cursed spring! Is very very bad luck!

(the panda suit comes with a compulsion to hand out balloons. Panda!Genma angrily gives Ranma a balloon and then knocks him into a cursed spring)

Jyuusenkyo Guide: Oh no! You fall into spring of drowned J-Drama actress! I told you is bad luck!
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on November 17, 2011, 11:00:53 AM(the panda suit comes with a compulsion to hand out balloons. Panda!Genma angrily gives Ranma a balloon and then knocks him into a cursed spring)

* Brian snrks.

Well played, Arakawa--  I kinda want to see this done in a fanfic now.

~exploding tag~

Brian

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Brian: Hah.  Haarsh.

Panda: that remains a very cute well done animation.  Sadly not in english.
Well, Goodbye.

Kt3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqrKvAntj8

I do so enjoy ADSRe.  One of the few artists I like on that netlabel.  Otherwise I get my fix from Ubiktune~

Edit: Well, okay.  MrSimon puts out some good stuff too, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsGZtpC1C00
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Brian

~exploding tag~

DY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywu1DeqXTg4

Heh, pretty amusing. Although I wished the fight was longer.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.