News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grahf

This was linked in a Cracked article today. There were other shorts, but this one was the top of the list, and with good reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryenlQKTbE

DY

Quote from: Grahf on August 14, 2013, 06:10:46 PM
This was linked in a Cracked article today. There were other shorts, but this one was the top of the list, and with good reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryenlQKTbE

Holy crap, that was good.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Brian

That ... was really, really good.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

http://io9.com/5920723/prometheus-makes-much-more-sense-when-you-watch-a-weyland-science-training-session

"Now, if you do think the alien is a hostile species: poke it, and you will find out very quickly."
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

KLSymph

How many of these nineteen hidden features in everyday objects did you not know about?

Spoiler: ShowHide

That, or...

[spoiler]

Hail Phyrexia!

[/spoiler]

Yuthirin

#1 is more useful to me than anything else I've learned all day.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

KLSymph

You should use a text editor instead of MS Word to write.  An editor like Emacs has much better shortcuts for capitalization.  Then after you're done writing, you can paste it all into Word if you love Word and/or hate productivity.

Myself, I think that trick with the aluminum foil box will make life a lot less awful.

JonBob

I knew about 3 of them for sure (#2 zipper, #7 gas tank, #12 foil) and think I recall hearing about a couple (#7 takeout container: knew it folded out, but not why, #5 road reflectors [not that my new state has any....]).

alethiophile

I knew about several of those. And Emacs is so much better for writing stories than word processors I can't even actually express it. (At least if, like me, you've got the Emacs keyboard shortcuts wired into your brain.)

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

KLSymph

Quote from: CynWell, KL has just proved himself to be a prejudiced bigot, having deleted my shemale episode without so much as an explanation... but I know why he did it. Prejudice. He can't stand anything to do with herms/shemales.
(link)

Yuthirin