News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldrak

"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Yeah, been a bit, but it's an excellent bit of video editing.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

On a whim I decide to Google Image Search 'Banach-Tarski Paradox'. Commentary: "The Banach-Tarski Paradox shows just how !@#$%ed up the Real numbers really are." (Well, everyone's entitled to an opinion.)

This half-hearted attempt to visualize the Lovecraftian insanity involved would make a good emblem for some secret organization:

I just need to figure out if it's a good organization or an evil organization, and what they do. Maybe they're trying to take over the world by making endless copies of these evil robotic spheres Magritte used to like painting:

(aka "the automaton")
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

The first image is neat, but the rest went way over my head.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Arakawa

Quote from: Anastasia on October 15, 2014, 02:36:41 AM
The first image is neat, but the rest went way over my head.

Magritte is supposed to go over your head, he's a surrealist painter :P

The rest of it is about the Banach-Tarski Paradox, where you can cut up a sphere into non-intersecting pieces of hideous complexity which the image doesn't even begin to convey, move the pieces around some, and end up with two spheres. I don't understand it either.

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Kaldrak

"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Kaldrak

Arakawa

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Kaldrak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNhcT_NivD8

This looks like a Pixar movie, but it's actually a cinematic game trailer.

Kaldrak

thepanda

KLSymph

Quote from: Kaldrak on November 15, 2014, 11:42:26 PM
http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/09/28/neil-gaiman-8-rules-of-writing/

I like this list a lot.

Quote from: Neil Gaiman5. Remember: when people tell you something's wrong or doesn't work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.

But that's my only useful skill! :(

Kaldrak

Quote from: KLSymph on November 16, 2014, 01:32:35 PM
Quote from: Neil Gaiman5. Remember: when people tell you something's wrong or doesn't work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.

But that's my only useful skill! :(

I'm sure your analysis is helpful at least. My rule of thumb is that I will listen to feedback and advice on what to change in my work, but I won't necessarily take your suggestions. If people are looking for your advice, then they should at least listen to what you have to say. It's only polite, after all.

Arakawa

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Kaldrak

Quote from: Arakawa on November 17, 2014, 11:08:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T24DPU-hkJM

This parody was physically painful to watch.

Ohgod....

I could rant for days. DAYS. But no, I will not. Suffice it to say that the education system in America is painfully borked and no one seems to have any real idea how to fix it.

Now on to something less rage inducing. I have THREE youtube vids to recommend this time.

What if Google was a guy?

Part One Part Two and Part Three

Warning for profanity and grossness, but then again, they ARE based off questions people would really type into google so....