Saturn Valley, Trip 1: Meeting with Dr. Saturnious!

Started by Dracos, January 17, 2005, 10:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Warping as close as they could manage to the point, they found themselves in a wonderland of oddities.  Strange, cylinderical houses surrounded them in all directions, climbing up the valley, each capped with a red dome and strange antennas.  Ladders and caves were visible all over as manners of transportation between different parts of this small village(?), but not a single stairway.  The sky was bright blue above as the sun shone down upon the three young adventurers.  They could vaguely see near the top of the valley, large trees, hiding the deep valley from idle watchers.

They also found themselves being briefly watched by a number of short, stumpy little men with red ribbons in their hair, who all looked much like Dr. Saturnious.  They seemed to briefly consider them, before mostly continuing walking around, as if they were thinking of something very important.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

"What.... ARE they?" Phil says quietly, trying not to offend the little... men? "I've never seen anything like them before. Are THEY aliens?"
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Zenthor

"I don't think so.  They don't have tentacles."  she looked at one of the things.  "They look like something out of a strange videogame."
iato: *hugs Super* Lala.
redffea: Its that exciting Super?
Supaaielman: *Explodes*

Dracos

One of them looked over at the noise.  "Could you keep it down?  I'm trying to think.  And what are you then?  A penguin?  Or perhaps a curious kangaroo?  To not recognize a saturn?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Phil scratches his head. "As far as I knew, Saturn was the planet with the rings."
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Zenthor

"I know they're a little pudgey, but I don't think they're large enough to be planets," Jade joked.  She then went up to one of the... uh.  Saturns, she guessed.  They didn't seem too dangerous.  She could always roast them if they were.  "Do you know a Dr. ...Sat Uranus?  I think that was the name."
iato: *hugs Super* Lala.
redffea: Its that exciting Super?
Supaaielman: *Explodes*

Dracos

"I am Mr. Saturn!" It chirped.  "Dr.  Sat Uranus?"  It quirked it's head and walked around.  "Over there, perhaps?"

It pointed into a cave.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Liao examined the cave, and then shrugged.  The place seemed peaceful enough; he didn't imagine the Saturns looked dangerous or well equipped to defend themselves from any real threat.  That suggested the place was at least safe.

"I should get a map," he mumbles to himself, trying to put together the distance traveled via teleport in his head to figure out where he was in relation to home.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Liao puzzled for a bit, but realized he had no real way to figure that out.

Examining the cave, it seemed peaceful, and daresay, clean enough.  It was of modest height, allowing them easy passage of they so desired, and modest width, allowing enough space for four or five of them to pass side by side.  The grass was warm beneath their feet leading up to it, but inside it was mostly dirt and sand lining the cave floors.  The light shone easily enough within it though.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"Well, if we find Dr. Saturnious, we can ask him questions that his talking picture wouldn't answer," Liao surmises.  "Let's go!"
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

They traveled through the cave until they came to a fork.

To the right, they smelled the strangest of smells.  Almost like ...chocolate coffee mixed with a hint of mint.  It was soft, but present coming through the cave.  To the left, they heard some loud noises, like something being hammered.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

"Well, Dr. Saturnious said he made that holoprojector, so I'd GUESS he'll be where the hammering is," Phil comments after a moment, turning to head down the left fork.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

Heading down the left fork, they found...a LABORATORY!

A pink laboratory.

With lots of little ribbons, pink vials, pink machines.

One could get diabetes in here.

Working near the center they could see another of those saturn creatures.  It wore a pink ribbon and pink scarf around it's neck as it hammered at some kind of machine.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

"Are you Dr. Saturnious?" Phil asks hesitantly, not wanting to disturb the creature - he knows how annoying it is to get interrupted in the middle of making something.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

"Huh?" The creature giggled and looked around, eventually spotting them.  "I'm Dr. Sat Uranus.  Why at my lab are you calling?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.