News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

SR newspaper guidelines

Started by Anastasia, January 29, 2005, 12:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

If you are reading this, I'll assume you know the very basics; that this is a newspaper for SR, that you've at least seen some of the PM I've sent out ten dozen times. I won't rehash the concept again, if you have questions about the basics, poke me on chat or PM.

---

The meat of this is meant to be a fun newspaper project for Soulriders, to be published every 1-2 weeks. (Exact dates TBA). The articles are to be based on the current trends of SR, mostly the RPs and loose RPs in the Terminus Pool. Other sections are acceptable, but I'd like to keep it focused on the main goings of the RPing world when possible.

Editorials may also be acceptable, but we'll cross those waters when we come to them.

---

The format for each paper's construction is as follows:

- Writers read RPings and develop articles on them. They should be at least two paragraphs long, but no more than five or six at most. (This number may be revised as we figure the finer points of this out.) Once finished and proofread by the author, they post them here. The rough format is to mention the title or the article and the issue it will be in. (I.e., Sailor Senshi article in issue one will be Sailor Senshi ATtack issue 1.)

- Once posted, they can be edited, commented on, and given general feedback by the staff. Drac's rigged it so that anyone can edit posts on this board. This is fine if you want to proofread or edit errors out, but do -not- abuse it. When you change anything beyond a minor typo or error, post an italicized version of the previous below the corrected version. This is so that the original or semi proofread product can be easily referenced. For more raw feedback and comments, just make a new post altogther.

- Once everything is proofread, posted and ready, we'll get it up and post that issue.

That's the rough outline. As for specifics currently in note:

Ragnar has two articles done right now, one on Earthbound and another that I haven't read yet. Try not to make two articles about the same game an issue if you can help it, unless both are notably different. We have enough games so that we don't need to focus on one or two.

Naatz has written one for the Mister Round Bottom game going.

That's all so far, with a few others brainstorming ideas.

As a final note, Merc is designing the HTML template.  When will that be done, Merc?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?