Metal Gear Liao

Started by Dracos, March 17, 2005, 10:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Sneaking through the forest, Liao dove through the heavy brush, hiding low to the ground as he made his swift escape from his robot pursuers.

Now the only question was what to do now...

And where the heck he could collapse for a half hour because damn that was tiring.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Once it seems like Liao is alone, he lets himself have a minute to catch his breath.  When his heart and breathing slow to more normal rates, he relaxes his body, and tries to strain his hearing.  It'll be much more useful for detecting things about the forest than sight ... at least, in the dark.

First things first -- he needed to figure out where he was.  Then Phil and Jade.  Then everything else.  But it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye peeled for angry robots.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

OOC: Apparently not getting posts off is my doom.
iC:

Liao couldn't determine where he was precisely.  He could hear robots in the distance, but they didn't sound like they were close enough to be a threat yet.  What he did know was he was somewhere in the forests outside the valley.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Liao shrugged his shoulders and thought about things for a moment.  After that, he scrambles up the nearest tree to get a look around.  Jade would leave a distinctive flash of flaming poultry in her wake (most likely, anyway), and robots mostly have flashy lights on them ... so he should be able to see something.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

He could spot some flashing lights a good ways away to ...the south?  He thinks it's south anyway.

There's also the big tower to his left.  that's pretty darn hard to miss from up on a tree.  He couldn't see his friends, but hey, that's something more to go on.  They were probably laying low after that last stunt for the moment.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Liao contemplates things for a bit.  Creeping off towards where there WERE lights would make it easy to get lost in the dark, and while he can make light, Liao wouldn't want to try and see by the light of a flash.

On the other hand ... the robots might be distracted, allowing Liao a chance to sneak into their base and make sure things get properly broken -- the tower's still there, after all.  And even if there are too many robots to get inside, if Liao can find where he split up from the others, he should be able to at least figure out where they went.

Nodding to himself, he tries to mark the tower's location in his mind, and climb down the tree.  Once he's on his way, he suspects he's going to periodically need to climb more trees to keep on track and look around ... but as the elders said, the tortise survives the searing desert heat, and the hare doesn't.  No, wait, that's not how it went ... was it?  No matter.  Time to get to work.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

It took a while, but eventually Liao got to the edge of the valley again.  He could spot the repair efforts still going underway.  He couldn't spot his friends though, not from this side of the valley anyway.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Liao frowned, and looked around carefully.  If the robots were repairing the tower, then at least some damage had been done.  Was it enough?

Liao tries to gauge how long it will take the aliens to have the tower fixed.  Of course, for all he knows it could be completely useable right now, and only look damaged.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Well, while Liao certainly was pretty bright for his age, spending his life in a zen-ish desert town didn't really prepare him well for figuring out how long it would take to go back to functional.

Could be ten minutes, could be ten years.  He couldn't really tell.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Liao squints at the tower ... is it really damaged?  He can't tell these things.  And the robots might not be fixing it, for all he can tell -- they could be using the tower to call in reinforcements.

Well, this means Liao needs to get closer to them to try and figure things out.  Either he'd need to disguise himself as a robot, or he'll just need to be very sneaky.  Though, come to think of it, Liao doesn't know how to speak Robotese, so he probably couldn't fool them long enough for that to be worthwhile.

"Sneaky thoughts," Liao mutters to himself.  Liao tries to creep forward slowly, keeping to shadow and cover.  When there's none, he'll try something else, but for the moment, forests are great for both shadows and cover.

Alien bases and robots aren't, but hopefully Liao can get near enough to things to start planning.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

As Liao sneaks in, he hears an explosion somewhere else in the valley.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Liao hopes that the noise distracts some robots, and tries to pick up his pace slightly.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Sneaking through, Liao saw two others nearby.  His friends were clearly a bit battle worn with Jade holding her stomach, but they'd also made their way to the tower.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Wow.  That stealth stuff worked!  Too bad it seemed too slow.

Liao crept up behind his friends, looking around and trying to get a good idea of what exactly was going on with the robots in the viscinity.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

The repair robots were pretty oblivious to the explosives, but he could see gates opening as his friends turned to flee, battle robots coming out at the sound of the alarm again.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.