News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

ACEN countdown?

Started by Music-chan, May 06, 2005, 02:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Music-chan

As ACEN is next weekend, I'm just curious as to who on the board will actually be there this year. I already know of some, but I was curious as to who might already have plans to show up. Maybe we can share a drink or something. =)

Speaking of ACEN, my little group will be arriving on Thursday, hopefully early enough to hang out in Chicago a little bit that day.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

odin

I'll be there splitting a room and gas money with Ricey.  I intend to sample the large variety of Chicago brews this time around.  A coworker will be there for the first couple days and I'm being dragged out to find out where the pubs are (his sister, a local, is the tour guide).  I intend to share my findings with all those who are interested! :)

We'll be arriving in Rosemont on Thursday via Wisconsin.

If you're lucky, I might even bring my Hawaiian shirt again.

-Dan

Music-chan

Gasp! =o

On a side note, since Cy, myself and our little group of people will be arriving on Thursday, I was thinking about going out to a museum Thursday afternoon.

I'm sort of interested in Alders Planetarium, the Museum of Science and Technology (which has a video game exhibit) or the Shedd Aquarium.  Not sure if anyone else is interested but it sounds like you have plans, odin.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

odin

Not sure what day, but Rock Bottom Brewery is definitely getting checked out.  It looks like an interesting joint from what I can tell.  And it's near The Matchbox, which is where we went last time for interesting beers, so even if it's a bust, the evening should still be great.

Not sure when, though.

We're leaving in 11 hours.  Whee!

-Dan

odin

We now have Yuth, Cy, IY-chan, Tabyk, Ricey, and myself.

Just waiting for Slacker and breis.

Rock Bottom in downtown Chicago (Grand on the red line) is completely awesome, by the way.

-Dan

Ranma_007