News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

316: Corporations

Started by SuperusSophia, May 15, 2005, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperusSophia

For the purposes of minigames each player will be given a "corporation."  The player will have the option of naming their corporation anything they want.  All minigames shall effect the corporation, while all rules in the regular game will effect the player.

Itarien

thats a neat idea, separating the player from the minigames like that.

Rye Coal

Good start. Fairly loose and broad - I'm Mr. Specific so forgive me if I make this more complicated. Here is an Idea I've been kicking around, feel free to use whatever you like (if you like any of it).

Corpertations are entities winthin the game which are owned by players either wholly or partially via shares. Mini-games generate thier own version of points ones which arnt considered for a player's score.

mini-game points to winning points:
-there needs to be a system for either earning or converting minigame points to game points based on how well the corperation your involved with does in mini-games. It could be a direct exchange or even an annual reward based on overall standing.

Corperations could be started via a charter purchased by player(s) and approved by the normal legislative body. The Corperations would be given leeway to pass thier own self-govorning legislation (Provided it complies with all game rules). Also Corperations could get to vote on proposals expressly regarding thier domain.

SuperusSophia

I think that the shares idea os too complicated for right now, especially since there is a current slump in player participation in the game

And as far as minigames points are concerned, I think that needs to be address after we actually HAVE minigames.  Right now we don't have anything to go on or use as an example, so I'm hesitant to pass any legislation on the issue.

And I'd like to make the corporations like titles right now, where everyone has them.  

The only other legislation I can think to include here, is that a corporation's level of activity (active, inactive, on vacation) mirrors the player that owns it.