Do You Like My Proposal?

Yes
1 (50%)
No
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: May 21, 2005, 06:47:07 PM

Rye Coal

Purpose: Establish Anonymous voting inorder to counteract the exploitation of Rule 204.

Rule 317 shall read:
All Votes Shall be taken via Poll, which is created in conjunction with each final form of any given proposal. Voters must post a recipt of their vote - verifying to other players that they have cast their vote once they have completed the poll.

I have created a poll in conjuction with this draft to test the feasibility of this proposal. See if you can mess with it, vote multiple times etc.

Rye Coal

SuperusSophia

Hmmm, there are a few reasons this isn't as good as it sounds.  One, if someone promises a vote in an exchange, there is no way to guarentee they will vote that way.  Second, with as few people as we have actually playing right now, anonymous voting isn't all that anonymous.

And besides, I like seeing who voted against me and who voted in favor of my proposals *evil grin at Tinuviel*

Rye Coal

Quote from: "SuperusSophia"Hmmm, there are a few reasons this isn't as good as it sounds.  One, if someone promises a vote in an exchange, there is no way to guarentee they will vote that way.  Second, with as few people as we have actually playing right now, anonymous voting isn't all that anonymous.

And besides, I like seeing who voted against me and who voted in favor of my proposals *evil grin at Tinuviel*

So really it boils down to the fact that you like knowing. The funny thing is, I like the idea because of the uncertanty that comes with it. lets get Itarien's input and if neccissary i'll throw something else up.

tinuviel

*Ignore me I'm not here...I just felt an evil grin that needed responding to*
:P
So tossing in my two cents before running off again, I don't like this idea because you don't have a record of who actually voted, and how they voted.  Which will make status and score updatings rather questionable.  And I don't really see how this will counteract exploitation of Rule 204...rather it might encourage it, seeing as how there's no receipt of who voted "no." Hence no fear of receiving evil grins from players with no sense of humour.  :D

SuperusSophia

lol, notice I said grin and not stare :D.

And I'll tell you now, Charr Rye, I dislike the idea of an anonymous vote and will vote against it.

Rye Coal

It counteracts the abuse by removing the record, they cant get the points if they cant proove it. As it stands the only reason we need to know how individual players voted is for rule 204.