News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

DRAFT: 317 Alternate Proposal Method

Started by Rye Coal, May 20, 2005, 08:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I motion for SDP1

Yes
1 (50%)
No
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: May 22, 2005, 08:09:32 PM

Rye Coal

Rule 317 Shall Read:

1. Players may pay 10 points for the privilege of making a Proposal outside the normal turn sequence.

2. Each proposal put forth in this way will go through all phases as outlined in Rule 308 with the following exceptions:

A) The normal time constraints are removed. However the voting window remains confined at 24 hours.

3. No proposals put forth in this manner shall be unresolved by the start of the players next turn phase. If any player has proposals put forth in this manner which are not resolved by the players next turn, the proposals put forth in this manner fail as soon as their turn begins.

4. No Player may initiate a proposal in this manner during their turn.

5. All other rules governing normal proposals apply to proposals put forth in this manner.

6. All proposals put forth in this manner shall be denoted by the suffix, $.

SuperusSophia

Wouldn't it be better if the $ designation was a prefix?

Itarien

Hrmm... its sorta cool... but I don't think I like it.

Rye Coal

Your right about the prefix - sorry. Any specific objections? Id like to discuss it if possible. I'm really trying to add game features and expand new ways of actually playing the game.

Itarien

I'm sort of dubious about A).

I think that 'cause theres only a couple of us left active and the likelyhood of new players is sort of slim, wee probably dont need a method of pushing through new rules... I was just thinking the other day "holy crap, my turn is just around the corner and I haven't thought of anything!"

That said, I can see this sort of feature would have let us push through a rule to amend the problems at the end of the last round.

I don't object to it... I'm just a little indecisive at the moment I guess...

Rye Coal

I totally agree with you that at the current state of the game - this is unnecissary, however I'm puting forward legislation with the idea in mind that  this is a temporary problem as I expect several to return and several new players to be added. I personally have only talked to three prople about this game - they all had the same reaction I did initally - an online game with no graphics, I'll pass. So its a matter of finding the right people, the ones who are bored, intelligent, like strategy gmaes, and like to debate.