News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Ah! Megami-Sama

Started by Dracos, May 31, 2005, 01:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, I'm up to episode 16.  On the whole, I'm not as impressed by the series as I was when I started it.  The writing, on the whole, could be well served to be...if not so much tighter, as less self contradicting for the sake of a single episode.  Things like the extent of the ultimate force, as introduced in episode 2 or 3, vanish later alongside anything that was learned by the characters involved, giving an odd discontinuity to their actions.  Belldandy, in particular, tends to change attitudes it seems particularly strongly as needed by the 'event of the day', which sort of shakes one around a bit.  Overall, it's still good if not great.  Got a few eps to catch up on myself and I did like Senbee even if they flubbed his intro episode by just trying too hard with it.  It's likable and watchable, if not great.

I dunno.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ragnar

I have to admit total ignorance here. This is different from the previously released OAV, right?
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

Edward

Thanks for the heads up.  Power levels did change a bit in the manga, but that was spread out enough in time it wasn't so jarring.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Dracos

Quote from: "Ragnar"I have to admit total ignorance here. This is different from the previously released OAV, right?

Yeah.  I was less than a fan of that.  Far and above too 'SuperFastSoapOpera'.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Anyone know when this is starting up again?  I know I'm about ten eps back, but I've not heard much for a while.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Not sure what you mean. I think they already ended the TV series.

Dracos

They did?

Huh, wow, I thought it was taking a break.  Clearly I need to catch up.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ebiris

Was only 24 episodes long. I hear tell that there's going to be a special DVD only episode, but that's it.

Wonder if it'll be 'too hot for TV' like the last episode of Excel Saga...

Dracos

Hah, that ep was awesome.  Wrong, but awesome.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Kwokinator

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the last episode of Excel Saga, Heretic ;p

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Edward

Quote from: "Kwokinator"There is absolutely nothing wrong with the last episode of Excel Saga, Heretic ;p

Ooh, there's a recommendation.  :)
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Shuten

This thread is now locked. Please use the discussion thread located here for all future discussion of this series.

Sincerely,
Shuten