News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Intro 4 - A Peaceful Place

Started by Dracos, May 31, 2005, 06:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

*logs lost to the sands of time above here*
RyderHakubi (1:45:52 AM): Ryder took his plate and Ami's and turned to head into the kitchen to help.
Shairthewm (1:46:08 AM): Sasami smiled up at him from her stool where she was washing dishes.
RyderHakubi (1:50:20 AM): Ryder smiled back and asked, "'ey squirt, need some help? It was a bigger than usual mess..."
Shairthewm (1:50:43 AM): "Yeah, a bit, if you wouldn't mind." She giggled.
RyderHakubi (1:51:50 AM): Ryder nodded and grabbed a towel to help dry.
Shairthewm (1:53:57 AM): With the two of them working, it didn't take very long at all!
RyderHakubi (1:57:04 AM): With a smile on his face, Ryder said, "Well, we sure do make a good team, don't we Sasa-chan?"
Shairthewm (1:58:06 AM): "Yup, Yup!" She smiled, hopping down. "Thanks, Ryder-nisan!"
RyderHakubi (1:59:50 AM): "No problem Sasa..." Ryder said as he mussed her hair once again.
Shairthewm (2:02:46 AM): She smiled and ran off, sounds of Ryo-oh-ki heard a few seconds late.r
Shairthewm (2:02:58 AM): It was nice...very nice and peaceful.
RyderHakubi (2:03:37 AM): Ryder smiled and walked off to find Ami, his hands behind his head in almost a Ranma kind of walk.
Shairthewm (4:00:16 PM): "Want to go watch the sunset Ryder?" Ami looked back from the porch.
RyderHakubi (4:06:33 PM): "Yeah... that sounds good Ami-kins..." Ryder smiles and walks back out with Ami onto the porch.
Shairthewm (4:08:40 PM): She smiled, leading the way out to the lake and sitting on a bench.
Shairthewm (4:10:39 PM): She pats the bench beside her.
RyderHakubi (4:13:38 PM): Ryder takes a seat and leans back, wrapping an arm around Ami.
Shairthewm (4:15:00 PM): The sun was slowly setting against the backdrop of the lake. Truly beautiful.
RyderHakubi (4:15:40 PM): "Y'know what Ami-chan?" Ryder mentions as he relaxes into the bench.
Shairthewm (4:15:48 PM): "What, Ryder-kun?"
RyderHakubi (4:16:14 PM): "This sunset is only the second most beautiful thing out today..."
Shairthewm (4:16:28 PM): "The first?" She gave a soft giggle.
RyderHakubi (4:17:01 PM): With a smile the size of Texas on his face, Ryder uses his other hand to poke Ami lightly on the head.
Shairthewm (4:17:47 PM): She smiles, a slight blush on her face. It's almost dreamy really. Like a beautiful dream. She leaned against his shoulder as the sun continued it's way down...eventually setting.
RyderHakubi (4:22:39 PM): Ryder smiles at the beautiful sun, with the even more beautiful girl next to him... "So... wanna sit here and watch the stars for a while?"
Shairthewm (4:23:56 PM): "Sure thing, Ryder."
RyderHakubi (4:25:25 PM): Ryder took a look up at the stars.
Shairthewm (4:26:46 PM): They glistened in the sky above, so bright...
Shairthewm (4:29:41 PM): The hour quickly grew late though.
RyderHakubi (4:31:58 PM): "Hey... Ami-chan..."
Shairthewm (4:33:19 PM): "Yeah, Ryder-kun?"
RyderHakubi (4:33:57 PM): "I think we should head inside..."
Shairthewm (4:35:14 PM): She nodded, getting up. "Yeah." She yawned. "Let's go."
RyderHakubi (4:38:58 PM): Ryder stood up and cracked his neck a bit. "Yeah, definitely a good idea..."
Shairthewm (4:43:04 PM): She lead the way into the house, heading upstairs. "Coming Ryder?"
RyderHakubi (4:53:58 PM): Ryder followed, a bit of a silly happiness still in his walk.
Shairthewm (4:59:03 PM): Ami turned into a room, changing into her pajamas and sitting down on a double futon.
RyderHakubi (4:59:41 PM): Ryder turned into the room and smiled. "Well... somebody looks good..."
Shairthewm (5:02:27 PM): She blushed. "Come on, let's get to bed." She pulled under the covers.
RyderHakubi (5:03:24 PM): Ryder turned and pulled out his PJs... "You're gonna watch, aren't you..."
Shairthewm (5:03:54 PM): "Hum? Why would I need to, Ryder-kun?" She teased.
RyderHakubi (5:10:46 PM): Ryder changed into his PJs and smiled. "Like the show?"
Shairthewm (5:12:10 PM): "Mmm? Why so silly, Ryder-kun?" She's leaning back in the bed.
RyderHakubi (5:12:45 PM): "Because... I can be..." Ryder then took a seat onto the futon as well.
Shairthewm (5:14:09 PM): She giggled and kissed him, rolling over. "Night Ryder."
RyderHakubi (6:48:36 PM): "G'night Ami" Ryder rolled over and gave her a kiss on the forehead.
Shairthewm (6:49:40 PM): It was perfect...so utterly perfect. Almost chillingly so.
RyderHakubi (6:53:39 PM): Ryder had trouble sleeping... despite being in what he felt was right, there was a certain buzzing in the back of his mind that told him something wasn't right... all the conveniently placed memories... he knew he had died, but yet... something was off. He was just too caught up in the moment to realize it...
Shairthewm (6:53:51 PM): This wasn't his.
Shairthewm (6:54:17 PM): He awoke in a sweat an hour later, something prying on his mind.
RyderHakubi (6:55:28 PM): Ryder looked about the room, trying to figure out what seemed so off about it.
Shairthewm (6:56:52 PM): Nothing off. It was just perfect. Everything was neat. Tidy. Ami was sleeping peacefully beside him.
RyderHakubi (6:58:17 PM): There's that buzzing feeling in the back of his head... something is wrong... Ryder carefully slides out of the bed
Shairthewm (7:03:10 PM): standing up, the room seemed perfectly normal, Ami sleeping on unnoticing as he tugged out of the sheets.
RyderHakubi (7:30:25 PM): Ryder crept around the room, searching for SOMETHING that would dull the near roar of the feeling that something is wrong...
Shairthewm (7:32:10 PM): Nothing seemed out of place at all in the room.
RyderHakubi (7:53:48 PM): Ryder sighs and walks out of his room, looking down the hall for whatever may cause him problems...
Shairthewm (7:56:34 PM): Nothing. The hallway doesn't have a speck of dust as he walks through it, past the other rooms. It's JUST like he remembers...at least he thinks he does.
RyderHakubi (7:57:03 PM): Ryder walks down the stairs, maybe something's down there...
Shairthewm (8:00:41 PM): The house is quiet, not a being stirring, not even a mouse. The bell tolled softly, as Ryder walked down the stairs, past the closed door of Washu's lab, through the kitchen, the dinning room, everything nice, peaceful, and right. Nothing broken. Nothing evil or dark leaping out at him. It was just terrifying nice and peaceful in here.
RyderHakubi (8:03:05 PM): With a sigh, Ryder grabbed the door handle to Washu's lab. "Alright... it's gotta be in here..."
Shairthewm (8:04:39 PM): He felt a cold shiver as he grabbed the door handle. Did he really want to go in there?
RyderHakubi (8:06:13 PM): Ryder swore a bit in English, and opened the door...
Shairthewm (8:07:17 PM): The hairs on the back of his neck stood up a bit as he opened the door to the stairwell down into Washu's lab.
RyderHakubi (8:12:55 PM): Ignoring all logic and reasoning that would say to him 'Go back to bed', Ryder walks down the stairs.
Shairthewm (8:16:53 PM): He finds Washu, sitting and typing in her chair rapidly. Sitting on a bunch of pillows as she worked late at night.
RyderHakubi (8:17:23 PM): Ryder nervously approached Washu and said, "Hey..."
Shairthewm (8:18:05 PM): "Hum, what are you doing up Ryder-chan?" She turned.
RyderHakubi (8:19:55 PM): Ryder nervously grinned and said, "I couldn't sleep... I feel like I'm in the Matrix..."
Shairthewm (8:20:56 PM): She turned and laughed. "What did I tell you about watching those movies all the time?"
RyderHakubi (12:14:47 AM): Ryder chuckled. "Yeah, but I'm being serious... I feel like something else is in control... though, that might be normal paranoia."
Shairthewm (12:15:23 AM): "Why would anyone be in control?"
RyderHakubi (12:19:18 AM): "Maybe that's the wrong word... I mean that something feels off..."
Shairthewm (12:20:09 AM): A cold look briefly flashed across washu's eyes before it returned to warmth. "What would that be? You sure you're not just having bad dreams?"
RyderHakubi (12:20:51 AM): "No... it just feels too perfect... I mean, this is a dream life..."
Shairthewm (12:21:29 AM): She gave him an odd look. "Then what's the worry?"
RyderHakubi (12:22:02 AM): "It's too perfect... I mean, I died once, I know that...
Shairthewm (12:23:14 AM): She blinked. "You've never died, Ryder. Why would you think that?"
RyderHakubi (12:28:00 AM): Ryder nods. "Yes, I have died... I know I have, because there are holes in my memory. At the dinner table, I couldn't remember half of the people at it... I only remember you from my dreams Mom."
Shairthewm (12:28:24 AM): "Odd...." She stands up, feeling his head. "Are you sure you're not sick, Ryder?"
RyderHakubi (12:29:27 AM): "Absolutely sure Mom..."
Shairthewm (12:34:13 AM): "Well, go back to bed. I'll check you out first thing in the morning." She smiled. "We'll figure it out."
RyderHakubi (12:34:48 AM): Ryder looked at her coldly. "No Mom... I saw that flash on your face earlier, you know something..."
RyderHakubi (12:34:58 AM): (Still taking the long way am I?)
Shairthewm (12:35:37 AM): "Hum? What are you talking about?"
RyderHakubi (12:35:46 AM): "Mom, tell me what you know..."
Shairthewm (12:36:04 AM): "About?"
RyderHakubi (12:36:16 AM): "About this feeling in the pit of my soul that this is a lie..."
Shairthewm (12:42:40 AM): "I can't really help you with that. Why don't you just go to bed with Ami and we'll talk about this in the morning."
RyderHakubi (12:46:58 PM): Ryder sighed. "Whatever Mom..." And with that, he turned to walk away.
Shairthewm (12:49:26 PM): She turned around, letting him go.
RyderHakubi (12:49:48 PM): "I know I'm right though..." Ryder mutters as he walks off.
Shairthewm (12:51:19 PM): Heading back up the stairs, the prickly sensation started to fade.
RyderHakubi (12:52:25 PM): Ryder stopped on the stairwell... This had to be where he needed to go, right?
Shairthewm (12:56:53 PM): Something hinted at him to get out of there. Not to go back down there. Something was wrong.
RyderHakubi (1:00:17 PM): Ryder turns and walks back down the stairs, ignoring all the feelings within saying for him to run far, far away.
Shairthewm (1:01:26 PM): Just Washu down there. Her little crabby head bobbing slightly as she typed in her crazy rapidfire fashion. Where is the threat that was causing his neck to go cold with fear?
RyderHakubi (1:03:03 PM): Ryder growled a bit as he searched for something... something that was out of the ordinary.
Shairthewm (1:04:00 PM): Nothing? Even though it was Washu's lab, everything seemed chaotically in place as always. Creatures from beyond wandering in sealed tanks, machinary carefully organized, lab tables.
RyderHakubi (1:05:47 PM): Confounded... "What the hell is wrong here?"
Shairthewm (1:06:04 PM): Washu blinked and turned around. "Hum?"
RyderHakubi (1:08:27 PM): "Ever get that creepy feeling? The one that tells you to run away?"
Shairthewm (1:08:39 PM): "Yeah...once in a while."
RyderHakubi (1:08:49 PM): "I'm ignoring it..."
Shairthewm (1:10:31 PM): "Huh. Ryder, Ryder..." She got up with a warm smile. "You must have had a really bad nightmare or something. Why don't you go get a cup of warm milk and get to sleep. What would Ami think?"
RyderHakubi (1:12:25 PM): "Ami would think... Ami... if that was really Ami up there, then she'd know that something was amiss..."
Shairthewm (1:13:17 PM): "Why wouldn't it be Ami up there?" Washu blinked at him.
RyderHakubi (1:14:07 PM): "It's too perfect... Ami never treated me like that, even in what memories I have left, I know she never treated me like that."
Shairthewm (1:15:46 PM): The room began to darken ever so slightly. "Is that so, Ryder?"
RyderHakubi (1:17:24 PM): "That's right... I told you, I don't remember much... but I remember dying. I remember those THINGS swarming onto Ami-chan and stealing her heart. I remember Hotaru's tears as her life was extinguished... And I damn well remember the horde swallowing my life too..."
Shairthewm (1:18:59 PM): "Pity..."

The room shattered.....as he was left facing Washu....his body more than halfway sunk into a dark pit swirling about him, blue and purple light floating past as they were quickly drawn into the pit, his body starting to turn dark as it was pulled in. "Oh well....good enough." She vanished.
RyderHakubi (1:20:08 PM): Ryder's eyes widened as he tried to fly out of the pit... "I'm not gonna go like this... not this time..."
Shairthewm (1:21:03 PM): He couldn't fly anymore, at least not like in the dream...he was human again as he struggled against the whirling pit of darkness.
RyderHakubi (1:21:55 PM): "Fuck..." Ryder swore as he began to attempt to swim out of the pit...
Shairthewm (1:22:32 PM): It was terrifying...exhausting...draining....each stroke pulling at his flesh and soul, tearing as he struggled to escape, slowly making headway.
RyderHakubi (1:23:13 PM): "I'm gonna feel this in the morning..." Ryder muttered as he used his free hand to fire off a plasma beam, hoping to push himself out of the pit...
Shairthewm (1:24:57 PM): The world went dark as he fired....

When he next awoke...he heard the burbling of a stream.
RyderHakubi (1:25:21 PM): Ryder muttered as he opened his eyes...
Shairthewm (1:26:14 PM): Ow.

Daystar bad. At least, that was what his eyes first reported.
RyderHakubi (1:27:59 PM): "Fucking shit, damnit why the fuck did I even do that?>" After taking the time to speak plainly about his feelings, even using English to do so, Ryder rolled his head over from side to side to see around him.
Shairthewm (1:34:03 PM): He's near a stream...in a desert. The sun shining high above him...noonish about he guesses. Damn bright star. Got sand about him and his clothes are pretty raggy but still intact.
RyderHakubi (1:35:03 PM): Ryder attempts to sit up, knowing full well that it's probably gonna hurt like a mother...
Shairthewm (1:49:48 PM): It does...every muscle in his body is sore.
Shairthewm (1:49:55 PM): But as far as he can tell, he's alive.
RyderHakubi (1:51:40 PM): Ryder looks at the stream, making sure no animals are near.
Shairthewm (1:52:19 PM): The stream seems reasonably safe...and is heading off to the north.
RyderHakubi (1:54:01 PM): Ryder smiles and uses every muscle in his body to try and roll over to the stream to get a drink.
Shairthewm (1:55:09 PM): Gah, not so good stuff... but it's water at least and cooling.
RyderHakubi (2:06:25 PM): Ryder smiles and attempts this time to get to his feet.
Shairthewm (2:07:34 PM): He's unsteady, but he's there.
RyderHakubi (2:12:52 PM): Ryder grunts a bit... Where the fuck is he?
Shairthewm (2:13:39 PM): He couldn't tell, a desert it seemed. In the distance to the north there seemed the hazy impression of a town.
RyderHakubi (2:15:00 PM): Ryder sighed deeply as he checked to see what he had or didn't have... Didn't want to go in without being prepared for the worst.
RyderHakubi (2:16:48 PM): Knowing he's ready... Ryder limps off towards the town...
RyderHakubi (2:17:01 PM): Only once did he mutter something...
RyderHakubi (2:17:06 PM): "This... is gonna fucking suck."
Well, Goodbye.