News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Part 1: A dusty small town in the middle of nowhere

Started by Dracos, June 01, 2005, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexie Oblivion

Darx gives a smirk as he rises from his chair, keeping one hand on the sword hilt, his wings twitching.

"Fa...fair enough. I'll take care of these two another time." He quickly moves to another seat, taking deep breaths, and sits, eyes closed as if lost in thought.
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Olvelsper

Jan nodded to the two local ruffians as he moved to sit back down at his own table, leaning back slightly in his chair as he loosened his tie a bit in thought. Looking over first Dax, and then the scarf wearing boy, he continued.

"So, how close was I to the truth? You seem pretty shaken up." He reached over and began swirling his drink slightly, enjoying the musical twinkling of the ice tapping the glass.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Halbarad

"Why am I not surprised?" Clyde replied with a sigh, closing his watch. "I'm very grateful for the assistance - is there anything I can do for you in return?"
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

"Oh no, I wouldn't ask anything of someone who just recovered from illness.  Here." The man handed clyde two bags.  One Clyde recognized as his, the other was simply a casual sack.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

Ryder dragged himself towards the factory, muttering to himself, "Great Ryder... just great... big giant spooky factory that may or may not have enemies in it and you're completely wiped out... real genius you are..."
What sort of madness will I create today?"

Dracos

The factory is not actually all that large.  Kind of small really.

He spots a door in it though.  He also spots the rest of the town around these parts.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

Ryder looks at the door, all foreboding and empty... and turns to look at the rest of the town before making a decision.

Dracos

Ryder;

In the center was a pretty big stone building with what looked like a sign hanging on the side of it. Near it was a smaller metal building, a bit rusty, but probably the tallest building in town. A couple of midsized houses were near the edges of this. On the far edge is another midsized building, though hard to see from here.

Inside the factory, he could hear some cursing.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

Hearing the voices made Ryder visibly relaxed... Sure, he may be walking into a fight, but there's a chance at least that the people on the other side could be friendly.  He'd rather take a 50% chance over a 0% chance.

And with all of those thoughts, Ryder pushed the door...

Dracos

And was witness to the odddddest sight perceived by man.  An old fella, his skin hanging off his bones, a bit greenish.  Swearin' like only an engineer can.  His foot, hard booted, kicking at a machine.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

Ryder, already a little woozy and under questionable health from the heat, journey, and lack of rest, looked about ready to wretch at the sight of the decripit engineer...  Ryder did lurch over, but managed to keep whatever was in his stomach.

After regaining his composure slightly, not much, but enough to ask a question, Ryder said, "Uhhh... hello."

Dracos

"Eh?" The guy stuck a finger practically all the way in his ear and scratched as he stood up, then turned around. "Who in tootin' taaarnations are you?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

"I'm... I guess I'm still Ryder Angel Hakubi..."  Ryder paused after that.  Why use that name?  What is so special about it?  I mean, his Mother is all fragments and memories, he saw that as someone tried to kill him using that form... so why stay a Hakubi?

More thoughts for another time...

"Yeah, I'm still Ryder Hakubi... and I guess I'm new here... wherever here is..."

Dracos

"Uh...what?  Uh, whatever Ryder something or other.  Look, there be bigger problems than that you dungus!" He shook a wrench in ryder's direction.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

A sigh...  "First person I meet is an idiot... just great."

Otherwise, Ryder replies to the old coot with a "OK... what's the problem?"