News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

The Total Eclipse of the Tai-Sun

Started by Kwokinator, June 12, 2005, 06:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwokinator

The sun is a bit off from being dead center in the sky, making it the equivalent of 1-2pm.

Merc

Well, definitely too early to stick around his room and wait for the sun to go down, so after taking his key, Tai-Sun heads back outside, wandering around while looking for something to do, hopefully something involving a fight.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Kwokinator

As Tai-Sun stepped out into the streets, a legion of people make their way towards the north end of the street, wearing traditional ceremonial clothing and carrying the bridge on a wooden carriage, supported on both sides by a total of eight people.  Evidently the previously mentioned wedding is about to take.

To the east, a local pawn shop, and the west lies more taverns and inns and restaurants.

Merc

As he didn't have an invitation to the wedding (nor did he particularly want to go there anyway), Tai-Sun heads elsewhere, randomly selecting the eastern direction.

Kwokinator

"Hold it right there!" a tiny voice seems to come out of nowhere.

Merc

Whipping around, Tai-Sun searches for the source of the voice. "Who said that?"

Kwokinator

Tai-Sun feels a kick in the shins, in an effort to bring his eye level down about two or three feet.

"I'm here!"

Merc

'What the hell?' he thinks to himself in a grimace as he looks downward.

Kwokinator

Tai-Sun finds the cause of his pain to be a small boy, no more than ten or twelve years old.

Merc

"Kid... want to tell me why you just hit my shins?" he asks with forced restraint, as he barely resists the urge to knock the kid down until he's drilled into his head that hitting strangers was a -bad- idea.

Kwokinator

"Why aren't you going to my sister's wedding?" the kid demanded in the most hostile tone a ten-year-old kid can muster. "She's not happy!  She needs more people!"

Merc

"Well, for one, I don't know your sister. Second, even if I didn't need to, I don't have an invitation. Third, don't kick people in the shins. It's rude," Tai-Sun comments to the youth. 'I got kicked for this?'

Kwokinator

"Doesn't matter!" the kid whined. "You don't need to know her, and you don't need an invitation!"

Merc

"You haven't covered the third reason, kid," Tai-Sun mutters as he crosses his arms, waiting for an apology. He could be convinced to go if the kid did that.

Kwokinator

"How am I supposed to get your attention otherwise?" the kid huffed. "You're like three feet taller than me!"