News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The Total Eclipse of the Tai-Sun

Started by Kwokinator, June 12, 2005, 06:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwokinator

The streets of Daidao is packed full people, either hurrying from or to somewhere.  The few that are not hurrying in some way or another are either shopping, eating or watching the street performers try to earn a living by showing what they can do, like have a partner place a large, heavy flat rock on top of his chest and shatter it with a strong sledgehammer blow or showing off their skills with their chosen weapons.

At where they figure is a safe distance from the weapon-users, carts are set up with various merchandise, mostly cosmetics and other fashion accessories.

"Young man," a fortune teller called out to a young man walking by. "I see a perilous future in store for you.  Why don't you stay a while and listen?"

Merc

"Oh?"

The young man in question, one Feng Tai-Sun, wanders over to the fortune teller with an amused look. "It is only proper that for a perilous future, indeed I should listen."

Plopping down onto a stool by the fortune teller, and slipping a few coins for the fortune teller, asks, "So... what might my future bring?"
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Kwokinator

"Hold out your hand," the fortune-teller instructed. "So I may see what your future brings."

Merc

Tai-Sun raises an eyebrow at that.

"How might you know the future is so perilous, if there is need for my hand to tell what it might bring in the first place?" he asks amusedly, but complies nonetheless as he sticks out his right hand, revealing an oddly discolored arm in doing so.

Kwokinator

"Ah, you see," the fortune teller explained. "I can only tell that you have a perilous future by looking at your features, I cannot tell precisely what will happen."

Ignoring the oddly discoloured arm, he then takes Tai-Sun's hand and looks at the palm lines, as well as squeezing his hand in various places to get a feel of the bone structures.

"Hmm, this year will be an eventful year for you", he nodded. "You will meet people you've never met and go places you've never been, and get into very dangerous situations.  If you're not careful, your blood may empty."

"Here," he takes out a charm from his pockets. "You can purchase a charm for a lowly price.  It will keep you safe."

OOC: The "blood may empty" thing basically means he'll come to bodily harm and maybe even death ^_^

Merc

"Of course," Tai-Sun replies with a grin at the man's quick explanation as he allows his hand to be squeezed.

Following the prediction, Tai-Sun grins once more. "I am always careful, but you have my thanks for the warning. I must regretfully pass on the charm, as I would prefer to entrust my safety to my own abilities than my faith."

Bowing, the young man turns to leave.

Kwokinator

"You should never discount faith, you know," the fortune teller calls out as Tai-Sun leaves. "There is a higher force governing us.  If you refuse to believe, it may eventually lead to your end."

Merc

Tai-Sun shrugs as he leaves the area, choosing not to heed the fortune-teller's suggestion. The man got enough of his coins today, thank you very much. In fact, he should probably check how much he has left...

Digging into his bag, he checks exactly how much he has before he decides where to head to next.

Kwokinator

Tai-Sun discovers that he has 30 pieces of bronze coins, as well as two 5-tael silver sycee.  Enough for a nice meal at a restaurant and two or three nights of accomodations.

OOC: Silver sycee is a form of currency.  tael is a measurement of weight, and the sycee is pure silver, so it's worth a bit.  A tael isn't that heavy though, so it's not that much  ^_^

Merc

Hmm...well, Tai-Sun -was- feeling a bit peckish, so he looks around for what looks to be decent restaurants and inns in town to get a bite to eat.

Kwokinator

Several restaurants and inns lined the streets, but only one stood out with its reputation of being a five-star restaurant chain: Tian Yi Lou, or literally, "Heaven One House".

There are other decent restaurants, namely Yun Zhong Lou, or literally "House in the Clouds", Wu Ming Lou, or literally "Nameless House".

There are inns as well, for those who desire accomodations as well as food.  Kao Sheng Ke Zhan, or "Rise Fast Tavern", Long Men Ke Zhan, or "Dragon Door Inn".

Merc

Long Men Ke Zhan sounded decent enough a place before he moves on in his travels, so that's where Tai-Sun heads towards, hoping they have a nice selection of food and comfortable rooms, both at decent prices. If not... well, he could always continue to look around.

Kwokinator

"Hello," a waiter, carrying a teapot and a cloth, walks to the door and greeted Tai-Sun as he steps into the inn. "How many people?"

Merc

"Just one," Tai-Sun replies politely. "Might I inquire as to the cost of one night's stay and a good meal?"

Kwokinator

"That depends on your definition of good," the waiter replied. "For a night in the Ren rooms it's one tael of silver per night, food can be anywhere from two bronze coints to one tael of silver."